H260 Centerboard Lift Line/ Rigging

Jul 15, 2020
Hunter Hunter 260 Lake Tahoe
I recently replaced the lift line to the centerboard. I found the most difficult part of the whole process was getting the knot hidden into the recess within the centerboard. (A mallet and large punch sorted that out)

On deck I am not 100% sure how the rigging is completed. In fact, I am yet to lift the centerboard in the water. The manual seems to have a configuration along the lines of the attached photo (albeit with slightly different placement of the deck cleats etc). Can anyone tell me if that is correct. Main reason I want to clarify is that I will have several feet of static lift rope (blue in the foreground) as overage. Not sure if I should cut it or just leave it tied back to the main lift line....I don't want to get into the water and try figuring this out.

If anyone could post a photo of their configuration that would help!

Thanks,

Attachments

Sep 22, 2020
Hunter 23.5 Sag Harbor, NY
I have a 23.5 and that looks how mine is set out. I’m about to replace my cascade line but I want to make sure I use the right knots. Anyone know the names of the knots I’m to use at each point? I’m not too good at identifying from sight...... just yet. Thanks in advance.

Sep 22, 2020
Hunter 23.5 Sag Harbor, NY
View attachment 193984

Attached is a write up of the replacement process
That document was what I relied on when I replaced the Center board line.

what are the knots used on the three different points? The two on the “blocks” and the one of the “eye bracket”.. sorry not sure of the correct terminology. Many thanks

Jul 15, 2020
Hunter Hunter 260 Lake Tahoe
Thanks for the photo rgranger. Southern Crux. My existing knots are all half hitches as attached... in the process or replacing that line also!

Attachments