H26 Outboard Motor Shaft, Long or Extra Long

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
Put a high thrust 4 blade on your reverse will work a lot better forward will be better also

Mar 12, 2021
Hunter 26 Gulfport
Here are some photos from inside also. I will remove the screws on the panel in the berth aft to get to the back of the motor bolts. It is interesting that it does not have any nuts there? Should I add nuts, do I need washers, should I have any backing or just tighten the nut onto my new bolt. With 4200 to seal it up? The current board is 16 x 6 x 2.
We have the same motor, Yamaha 9.9 ... did not put any extensions on the wood transom and the issue is that we cannot fully lift the motor out of the water. The motor arm hits the gas hatch and the deck. I assume the solution is adding the aluminum tube to provide some distance?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
We have the same motor, Yamaha 9.9 ... did not put any extensions on the wood transom and the issue is that we cannot fully lift the motor out of the water. The motor arm hits the gas hatch and the deck. I assume the solution is adding the aluminum tube to provide some distance?
@DeliriousSailor ... one of these might make the difference.

1617724378136.png