Funny Friday!!!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Years ago, when I was sailing the southern oceans, I sailed to this tiny pristine tropical island where all the people who lived there were fabulously wealthy. Even though they could have afforded to live anywhere they wanted, tradition dictated they stay on their tiny island home.
Eventually, their king became frustrated and called a meeting of the tribe's elders. He said he wanted them to figure out a way he could enjoy his wealth, and stay within traditional guidelines.
After much consideration, the elders suggested he build a magnificent throne. When he objected there was not enough room in his hut for a throne, the elders suggested he call in an engineer to solve the problem.
Soon, the king's tiny hut was rigged with an elaborate system of ropes and pulleys. He could lower the huge throne for use during the day, and at night, he could haul the throne up, and lower his bed. This was truly the best of both worlds for the king.
Unfortunately, after a few months of constant use, the pulleys worked free of the thatched ceiling, and one night, the throne slipped and came crashing down on the king, killing him.
The wise men of the island recognized a lesson in this experience and added to the lore of their people this statement: "People who live in grass houses should not stow thrones.":doh:

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
> Subject: Little brown bottle
>
> The other day I went over to a nearby CVS
Pharmacy.
> When I got there, I went straight to the back of the store to
where the
Pharmacists' Counter is located.
> I took out my little brown
bottle along with a teaspoon and laid them both
onto the counter.
> The
pharmacist came over smiled and asked if he could help me.
>
> I said, "Yes!
Could you please taste this for me?"
> Being I'm a senior citizen...I guess
the Pharmacist just went along with
me.
> He picked up the spoon and put a
tiny bit of the liquid on his tongue and
swilled it around.
> Then with a
stomach-churning look on his face he spit it out on the floor
and began
coughing.
>
> When he finally was finished, I looked him right in the eye
asked, "Now,
does that taste sweet to you?"
> The pharmacist, shaking his
head back and forth with a venomous look in
his eyes yelled, "HELL NO!!!"
>

> So I said, "Oh thank God! That's a real relief! My doctor told me to get
a
pharmacist to test my urine for sugar!"
>
> Well, I can never go back to
that CVS, but I really don't care though,
because; they aren't very friendly
there anyway!!!

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
In Canada, one of our previous prime ministers was Jean Chrétien, a French Canadian with a strong accent. On one of his visits to the small settlement of Waden Bay in northern Saskatchewan he gave a speech while wearing a fox hat. After the speech, a local man asked him why he was wearing a fox hat. Jean said “before I left home, my wife asked me where I was off to, so I told her Waden Bay Saskatchewan“. She said, “wear a fox hat”?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I had a friend who wore size 32 pants. Going to the store to get some new jeans, he tried on a pair of 34s. He said they felt so good he bought 2 pair of 36s.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Driving home yesterday, I got to thinking about my days of coaching youth soccer and social distancing. Who knew that social distancing was a thing. Perhaps now our US soccer players will begin to learn the art of passing to a team mate at least 6ft away and stop chasing the ball all over the field like a flock of pigeons chasing the kid with bird seed on his head.