Donations to Neptune:

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 31 and 25 and fomerly 23.5 Stockton State Park Marina; MO
Richard19068, the cell phone thing really hurts, but it sounds like you're in good company; but the PORK ROAST?? Come on man! Haha

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
A friends wife insisted their bichon frise had to be leashed on the boat. Pooch tangled its leash in a pot full of hamburgers that was just off the grill, pitching them overboard. Friend killed and ate the dog.
The third sentence above is a lie. He never ate it......

Jun 4, 2004
BrianS,
Hey, I'm careful..... Or forgetful! Well the safety was off on that 25 auto. I've lost sleep at night worried that some fisherman was going to snag that thing by the trigger. That reminds me, do rivers count? If so then there's the issue of the Blackhawk 41 Magnum I lost on a float trip when a teen in Alaska.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
15' extension cord yesterday at the dock. I might be able to retrieve it using the anchor. I wish I hadda thought of that while I was still there.
Regulator for my Magma grill.
2hats.
A batton from the mainsail.
Several insulated cups and water bottles.
My sister-in-law's cane at Smith Mountain Lake. She was about to have hip replacement and that was NOT a good thing to lose. I was able to lighten the mood when I told her I saw a fish on the fish finder with a cane in his mouth. (Maybe @rgranger will find it one day.)

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Wow, I guess I'm lucky. I've lost a pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers; a new aluminum cleat; a couple of hats. I think that's it, in 17 years on this boat.

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Donations: (1) nearly prepared chicken breasts fell off the tilting Magna grill; (2) my wrist watch went swimming when its strap inexplicably fouled on the Danforth anchor; (3) a fine flashlight was lost by a Good Samaritan who was helping us reset a dragging anchor at night during a storm in the BVIs; (4) small parts from a roller furling extrusion; (5) two sets of sail battens....both the result of poor installation on my part. Are any of these donations tax deductible? As a form of penance I was able to retrieve a pair of spectacles that our friend dropped overboard at his slip.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
My favorite donation was from a friend on our H356, who put her cell phone on the deck between the cockpit and the dodger snap in's. We rolled in a wake and it slid under the dodger and into the deep. She said "What do we do now." Someone (not me) replied "You could call it and see where the bubbles come up" She did. No bubbles. But a lot of laughter.

Apr 13, 2015
Catalina 309 Port Charlotte
Wife's cell was in her back pocket as she went down to clean the deck and the lifeline rubbed against her back pocket and push it up, out and over.

I just lost the pin from a D shackle.

My most frustrating was disassembling the wheel pilot gray ring and as it pulled apart individual ball bearings go bouncing around the cockpit. ONE ball goes through the walk through and bounced multiple times on the sugar scoop transom platform while I'm trying to get to it....too late! Ended up having to but all new bearing set to replace that one....arrrr.

Dave

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Mostly the usual for me -

1) iPhone that I probably shouldn't have pinched between my ear and shoulder while zipping the Bimini back on. Spent a couple hours dredging for it with a net but no luck.

2) Wife's keys - she learned not to hold those while getting on the boat.

3) Dinner of hamburgers, corn, and grill grate itself (after I told my dad he wouldn't be able to adjust the angle of the magma grill while it was cooking).

4) TV antenna inadequately secured to halyard.

5) Numerous pieces of silverware

6) Throwable seat cushion that blew overboard and into shallows to the side of the channel.

7) Sun awning support pole, but that one only fell in 6' of water so I walked on the bottom until I felt it, then pulled it up by foot.

Stole one from Neptune tonight when I dropped my sunglasses in their case, but they landed on the finger pier and I snagged them just before they rolled off.

Nov 7, 2012
1978 Catalina 30 Wilbur-by-the-Sea
My dogs, good thing they can swim.
An entire grill full of Italian sausage.
Baby rattle.
And if the government ever comes calling, every firearm I have ever owned.. That will teach me to target practice 20 miles out.....

Jun 4, 2004
Wow, I'm amazed at how many times dinner has gone over the side. I think I'll pass on that new magma grill.
Dennis

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Too numerous to remember them all. Sun glasses, winch handle, a 4 pound pork roast that was almost done but worst of all the wife's iphone with two weeks of unbacked up vacation photos 45 minutes after crossing the Malibu rapids into Princess Louisa Inlet last year. You should have seen the look on her face. I thought someone had died.
Oh, I forgot. My sister in law dropped her $3,000 diamond and emerald ring in the cockpit and it went down a scupper while on a mooring in about 25 feet at Cherry Cove Catalina. I free dove for that thing for an hour and gave up. Fortunately the ring was a gift from an ex-husband and it was insured!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Oh, I forgot. My sister in law dropped her $3,000 diamond and emerald ring in the cockpit and it went down a scupper while on a mooring in about 25 feet at Cherry Cove Catalina. I free dove for that thing for an hour and gave up. Fortunately the ring was a gift from an ex-husband and it was insured!
Sounds like the perfect crime. :)