Complete Refurb - 78 C&C Mega 30'

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
although I don’t know why you would
Repeated mast failures due to bad spreader design ?
Boredom or need for a bigger boat ?
(Heck we just bought a bigger boat:dancing:.. when I JUST finished refitting our Catalina, and complaining that I would wait years before I did any work on a boat again... :facepalm:)

Every boat is for sale.. or will be eventually.

FWIW:
I was interested in this design, and was keeping an eye on the 3 boats in our area.
One dismasted last year and sold for nothing due to their value vs a new mast.
That boat also had the common keel lift system problem, coring rot, and additional damage from the dismasting

The one in our marina had both the original mast, and a original used mast, fail due to the spreader/mast design.

Owner spent 16,000 for a new redesigned mast. (The boats sell for around 10k or less here with a good trailer)

3rd one has been stored inside and unused for a few years.

Feb 11, 2012
C&C Mega 30 Long Point, Lake Erie
Paul, have you ever weighed boat/trailer/gear as ready for cruising ?
I am wondering if a normal pick up would pull it over the mountains to the coast.
From the photos is looks like you are towing with ford 1/2 ton ?
My apologies all, I have been sidelined with the Cancer crap for the past year. Two different kinds even.
Beating it though.

The combined weight ready for cruising with the trailer included was 6700 lbs and my Lariat towed it like it was a toy.
You would have no problems in the mountains, with a 5.4L or equivalent.

Again, sorry for the delay in reply.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
No need for apologies. Glad you have kicked the C's butt! Hopefully we'll hear of some adventures you have ahead of you.

Aug 21, 2014
Grampian Classic 31 Trois-Rivières
Thanks for the thread. I'm in the process of buying a Mega! You gave me alot of idea.