Complete Refurb - 78 C&C Mega 30'

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Thanks Paul, good to hear. We have a few here, and one sold recently, but I currently don't have room to store one, which is one of the advantages of a trailerable.
Ever since I first saw one at Gimli (a major harbour on Lake Winnipeg), I was intrigued by it's narrow beam, and performance oriented design. (and I like C&C's in general) The idea of setting one up as a performance cruiser by adding a small number of amenities was what almost made me jump on it when it came up for sale.

Looks like you stuck a good compromise between additional ammenities and extra weight.

Feb 11, 2012
C&C Mega 30 Long Point, Lake Erie
Thanks...95% of the time it is just my 130 lb wife and I aboard.
My added extra weight might be comparable to that of a male crew of four, and their cooler full of 'refreshments' enjoying a good day of sailing on a typical factory equipped boat.
All perspective I suppose...none the less a fun, a well appointed good size vessel now, still non-reliant on travel lifts for haul out, cranes for stepping the mast, or cradles and storage fees.
Happy fella here.

Apr 30, 2019
C&C Mega 30 Lake Muskoka
Hello, I just bought a C&C Mega 30 and am having trouble finding replacement windows. Can you help with a source for any replacement parts for the Mega?

Feb 11, 2012
Hello, I just bought a C&C Mega 30 and am having trouble finding replacement windows. Can you help with a source for any replacement parts for the Mega?
You won't find replacement windows...you will have to make them, or have them made from polycarbonate. Installing them will take time and patience.
Find a local plastics warehouse...take them the old ones and have them duplicate them.
Be sure to oversize the holes slightly for the thru bolts to allow for expansion & contraction.
Bed the polycarbonate with about an 3/16" thick by 1" wide strip of butyl tape around the entire perimeter.
Fasten the flat portions of the windows first, working forward and gradually apply pressure as you install the fasteners around the curve of the cabin top...I did this over a two day period in the hot sun. Use very low heat to warm the polycarbonate as you go, if the ambient temperature is too low.
Trim excess butyl, clean surface and apply caulking around the edges.

Jun 29, 2020
C&C Mega 30 RI
I am having great difficulty raising and lowering the dagger board. Does anyone have any advice on rebuilding it? And I would like to add the electric motor. I would also like to know if anyone has added a j-sprit to a c&c mega.

Feb 11, 2012
I am having great difficulty raising and lowering the dagger board. Does anyone have any advice on rebuilding it? And I would like to add the electric motor. I would also like to know if anyone has added a j-sprit to a c&c mega.
I have some photos, drawings etc. that I saved from another old Mega 30 site.
Let me know if you would like me email them to you.

Paul

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
If there isnt a huge amount.. Maybe post them here on on the internet archive so they will be available long term.

Feb 11, 2012
Do you know where to buy a keel motor?
I believe you can buy them off amazon...
They are also a popular winch in the off-roading industry. You can get one from a Hully Gully, Power Garage, Etc.,....or I think even Princess Auto them at one point, possibily online.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Paul, I looked at a Mega 30 before buying my C&C27. One of the deciding factors was the look of the boat, I wouldn't use the "U" word for the Mega but I never really appreciated the look... until now. :wow3: you turned an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan!!! You had a great vision and followed through on it.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Any idea what a mast would be worth ?
There is a mega 30 here that is for sale, and they damaged the mast when de-rigging it.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
I don't know how much a new mast would be worth but there was Mega 30 at my harbour that bent the mast when it got away de-rigging. He was able to repair it with a sleeve so depending on the damage it may be cheaper to repair than replace.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Yeah. I may be able to see the boat this weekend to get a better idea of it's condition and the rig damage.
I suspect this boat doesnt have a tabernacle mast step to make is easy to drop the mast. It's for sale at a yard so it may have been damaged there.
I just hope it is not the specific boat i think it is. One of them here is owned by a guy who is known to be a bit of a maniac and has been dismasted a few times.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Paul, have you ever weighed boat/trailer/gear as ready for cruising ?
I am wondering if a normal pick up would pull it over the mountains to the coast.
From the photos is looks like you are towing with ford 1/2 ton ?