Catalina 30 A4 engine

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
yep, definitely coming out. I seem to remember reading that there used to be a valve seat tool that used the stem guide to position a drill bit that would then cut a rabbit in place of the valve seat. you could then drive a seat ring into the recess. You might call Moyer marine to talk about it. Send them your photos. The engines back then were simple and made to be user repairable.

Feb 6, 2019
None None None
yep, definitely coming out. I seem to remember reading that there used to be a valve seat tool that used the stem guide to position a drill bit that would then cut a rabbit in place of the valve seat. you could then drive a seat ring into the recess. You might call Moyer marine to talk about it. Send them your photos. The engines back then were simple and made to be user repairable.
That's interesting! I'd be happy to look in to it.

Feb 6, 2019
None None None
Propshaft coupling is free.. and 7 of 8 engine mount bolts are free. Except for this bastard. Muscled it and stripped the head. I can either try grinding it for another wrench size or cut the head off and try to lift it up.

The engine is sitting flush against the propshaft coupling. The angle may not allow me to lift. So... I may have to cut the engine mount in half.

Attachments