Almost Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
It's been afew weeks, hows the project going?? Don't leave us all hanging.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Its Going

It's been afew weeks, hows the project going?? Don't leave us all hanging.
Hey Cuscus:

Thanks CusCus
I took a week off and visited my Father. So... not much.... I have moved the pads and painted under those. And I completed fairing the lead bulb on the keel.... and three coats of epoxy barrier coat on the hull and keel and one coat of a bright red enamel on the hull and keel. I've been a little hampered by the cold. For instance it was well after 2:00PM today before the temp got above 60F. Cant do epoxy at those temps and enamel will "orange peel" when it is cold like that. I am close though. As soon as I get some time off work AND it is above 65F, I can get the second coat of paint on and start thinking about putting the keel back in place.

I'll post pics.

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
Yeah, this cooler than usual spring is really putting the boatyards around here behind. Too cold for bottom painting & glass work. I haven't seen so many boats still on the hard this late before.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Got some new photos...

Well it stopped raining around 4:00 and I was able to get a few things done....

First, I made some gaskets out of "Goop" (see first photo). I also have some butyl tape that I'll use as well.

And I fitted out a SS pivot bolt. While I was checking the fit, I was cleaning up some "mud" that was in the pivot hole and noticed that the mud had wood fiber in it...:naughty: So I got worried and cut an access hole to the pivot pin. Dang..... to say the repair job was halfa$$ is an insult to all the Gomer Piles of the world.... (see pic #2)... There was no way to get a good dry seal around that.... so... I had to remove it entirely. See the next two pics. I'm going to make a backing plate out of Trex tomorrow.

More pics to come....

r

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.