This is the side of an Ocean 38 convertible (sportfishing/cruising model), holed by Storm Sandy and crudely/hastily patched up, still in the water, in order to come down from Atlantic Highlands to Forked River on her own bottom.  I got the job of filling and fairing the patch, which was a bigger job than the owner expected because it's a cored hull being filled without core.  And there is water in the core, typical of mass-produced cored hulls anyway and undoubtedly made worse by the storm damage.  Not long after I informed him of that, he decided he didn't need my services.  I find this sadly typical of powerboat owners-- if it's not related to fishing or engines, they don't understand it and won't spend the money on it.

This is why guys like me are so often out of work; and why I won't ever do contract work for powerboat owners again.

1 Feb 2014
DianaOfBurlington

This is the side of an Ocean 38 convertible (sportfishing/cruising model), holed by Storm Sandy and crudely/hastily patched up, still in the water, in order to come down from Atlantic Highlands to Forked River on her own bottom. I got the job of filling and fairing the patch, which was a bigger job than the owner expected because it's a cored hull being filled without core. And there is water in the core, typical of mass-produced cored hulls anyway and undoubtedly made worse by the storm damage. Not long after I informed him of that, he decided he didn't need my services. I find this sadly typical of powerboat owners-- if it's not related to fishing or engines, they don't understand it and won't spend the money on it. This is why guys like me are so often out of work; and why I won't ever do contract work for powerboat owners again. 1 Feb 2014

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
White Angel Yacht Specialties
Added by
DianaOfBurlington
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata