Here is the very cool trysail that Captain Mike and I fitted to Light Reign (ex-Amazing Grace), C48 no.8 (1999).  The track was pop-riveted on and I made a sleek ramp out of white Starboard to lead it over and around the gooseneck-- as a trysail should be able to be hanked on low to the deck and lashed there till it's time to deploy it.  Captain Mike was actually impressed and sent me this pic of when he hoisted it.

I could live without the 'station wagon' multi-part canvas hood over the companionway and cockpit (ugh).

This boat has/had a Facnor in-mast furler that jammed before we relaunched it, underscoring my point that these things are ultimately unreliable by definition.  Worse, the Facnor motor can be removed ONLY WITH THE MAST OUT OF THE BOAT.  In what way is this a benefit?

May 2013
DianaOfBurlington

Here is the very cool trysail that Captain Mike and I fitted to Light Reign (ex-Amazing Grace), C48 no.8 (1999). The track was pop-riveted on and I made a sleek ramp out of white Starboard to lead it over and around the gooseneck-- as a trysail should be able to be hanked on low to the deck and lashed there till it's time to deploy it. Captain Mike was actually impressed and sent me this pic of when he hoisted it. I could live without the 'station wagon' multi-part canvas hood over the companionway and cockpit (ugh). This boat has/had a Facnor in-mast furler that jammed before we relaunched it, underscoring my point that these things are ultimately unreliable by definition. Worse, the Facnor motor can be removed ONLY WITH THE MAST OUT OF THE BOAT. In what way is this a benefit? May 2013

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
White Angel Yacht Specialties
Added by
DianaOfBurlington
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata