DSC00622  Anchor roller for my Fortress Anchor.  I also mounted a Herreshoff Cleat on the deck, in line with the roller for snubbing off the anchor line.  On rare occasion when I need to pull my anchor up from the cockpit while at my engine, I install two snatch blocks to the bottom of my lifeline rails.  The anchor caddy with rope handles makes this task very easy.  This system is a real life saver for getting out of tight spots.
Joe11688

DSC00622 Anchor roller for my Fortress Anchor. I also mounted a Herreshoff Cleat on the deck, in line with the roller for snubbing off the anchor line. On rare occasion when I need to pull my anchor up from the cockpit while at my engine, I install two snatch blocks to the bottom of my lifeline rails. The anchor caddy with rope handles makes this task very easy. This system is a real life saver for getting out of tight spots.

Joe, I Have Never Never Never Seen Such Creative Things Done To A
25 Oday.. I Have A Loaded 23 Oday I Want To Sell And Have Chance To
To Buy A 25 Oday With Fix Keel And Custom Trailer. Any Comments?
I Was Born In 1930 And Have Sailed Lk Mich And Traverse Bay For Yrs.
Thanks And Keep Up The Great Ideas And Willinglness To Share With
All Of Us.. I Am Brand New To The Site And Love It.. My Handle Is
Silver Fox And My Boat Is Bay Magic.. Ron Culp

Hi Ron!
Thank you for checking out my Mods. My boat "Trinkka" is a 1986 O'Day 222 with a few O'Day 25 parts like the tiller and the chain plates. I bought her new in the Boston Boat Show and have been doing mods on her ever since. She is all the boat I'll ever need for the areas that I sail and the shallow coves that I prefer to anchor in for the night. To tell you the honest truth Ron, I'm not too keen on O'Day 25s. They have too much free board to suit me. I'd much prefer your O'Day 23 if its a K/C. I did deliver a 1975 O'Day 25 K/C from Cape Cod to our club on the Taunton River many years ago, and that boat sailed beautiful. It's still in our club and it's one of the fastest boats in that club. With that said though, one of my friends who goes by the name "O'Day Dave" just picked up a beautiful O'Day 25 k/c with the trailer. I think it has an inboard diesel engine and it's loaded with a lot of great gear. He still has his O'Day 222. He sails Lake Michigan and wants to cross it, but he feels that he would be safer doing it in a 25 than in a 222 and that's understandable.
Before you make any decisions on this boat, you need to try it out. Ask yourself these questions; Can I board the boat from my kayak or my pram? Can I sail up to a dock and step off easily without breaking my neck? Can I get her into a slip or pick up my mooring by myself with this boat? Do I need a lot of cabin space?
I don't think that my dog Penny could jump in and out of this boat from the kayak.
With that said though, if I wanted a larger boat with a full keel it would have to be an O'Day 28. We have one on the river and it's one of the nicest looking boats I've seen. So these are my thoughts Ron. My friend Rudy Nickerson of D & R Marine once told me that the O'Day 23 was one of the nicest boats that O'Day ever made. If you have any questions on anything, or on any of my mods, feel free to email me and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can. sailtrinkka1986@verizon.net Good luck!
Regards,
Joe

Media information

Album
Trinkka's mods
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings