Registered users don't see ads

Complete Refurb - 78 C&C Mega 30'

Discussion in 'C&C' started by SwitchintoglideIII, Mar 17, 2014. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Leeward Rail

Leeward Rail

Joined Mar 20, 2015
    1,474 posts, 302 likes
    Catalina 22 New Style
    CA SHYC, Lake Winnipeg
    Thanks Paul, good to hear. We have a few here, and one sold recently, but I currently don't have room to store one, which is one of the advantages of a trailerable.
    Ever since I first saw one at Gimli (a major harbour on Lake Winnipeg), I was intrigued by it's narrow beam, and performance oriented design. (and I like C&C's in general) The idea of setting one up as a performance cruiser by adding a small number of amenities was what almost made me jump on it when it came up for sale.

Looks like you stuck a good compromise between additional ammenities and extra weight.

2. SwitchintoglideIII

SwitchintoglideIII

Joined Feb 11, 2012
    239 posts, 36 likes
    C&C Mega 30
    CA Long Point, Lake Erie
    Thanks...95% of the time it is just my 130 lb wife and I aboard.
    My added extra weight might be comparable to that of a male crew of four, and their cooler full of 'refreshments' enjoying a good day of sailing on a typical factory equipped boat.
    All perspective I suppose...none the less a fun, a well appointed good size vessel now, still non-reliant on travel lifts for haul out, cranes for stepping the mast, or cradles and storage fees.
    Happy fella here.

Leeward Rail likes this.

Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
NEW rigid hatch covers
Hatch protection like never before. Tough, secure, installs in seconds.
Merriman pedestal control head
Finally, an aluminum replacement for this YS Merriman part.