Hull interior

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
I have used this product, not inside but outside. Over a two year period with the boat in the water I found the following.
a) it will keep every little pit mark given to it. It also rips easily.
b) it is not UV resistant. It breaks down into a fine dust
c) it is not water resistant, it acts more like a sponge.

I removed everything from the outside and replaced it with SEADeck. ( picture showing gray product)

I have it in one place inside my boat, namely on the inside of my deck hatch/port to hide the bad spackle and paint job for the moment until I do some major cosmetic upgrades.

I have a lot of left over pieces if you want them, you would invest in the shipping to you.

Attachments

May 31, 2023
O'Day Daysailer 3 Richmond, VA
Has anyone worked this material? I'd like to put it on the hull interior walls. I've removed the thin layer of "luwan" (⅛ inch plywood) that was glued to the hull. Do you think I can stick it directly to the fiberglass or should I replace the luwan board to create a vapor barrier?
I'm looking for something attractive for the walls of the hull. Thank you for o I'm not sure if the light gray would be my
I have used this product, not inside but outside. Over a two year period with the boat in the water I found the following.
a) it will keep every little pit mark given to it. It also rips easily.
b) it is not UV resistant. It breaks down into a fine dust
c) it is not water resistant, it acts more like a sponge.

I removed everything from the outside and replaced it with SEADeck. ( picture showing gray product)

I have it in one place inside my boat, namely on the inside of my deck hatch/port to hide the bad spackle and paint job for the moment until I do some major cosmetic upgrades.

I have a lot of left over pieces if you want them, you would invest in the shipping to you.
Thank you for your generous offer. How much do you have, in terms of Sq. Ft?

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I have not used the "Peel&Stick" material.
There are considerations regarding materials used to attach to hulls. Moisture and condensation can be an issue. Just like house walls, you need to consider a vapor barrier, air space, and insulation. Open-celled foam will capture and hold water like a sponge. If you air condition the inside of the boat, humidity and temperature differences may contribute to condensation on the sides of the hull. Check with the manufacturer regarding the issue. Note that you are installing the material inside the hull. UV damage would not be an issue.

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
Thank you for your generous offer. How much do you have, in terms of Sq. Ft?
I will need to lay it out and get back to you with the number. I'll give you Sq. Ftge of all the big pieces, but you can have all the "scraps" as well.