Will this battery charger work?

Mar 25, 2021
Pacific Seacraft Flicka 20 119 Marina del Rey
Hello!

I just bought a Flicka 20, and it came with these batteries. I realized recently that the only way the batteries are charging is from the engine because there is no battery charger hooked up. I have shore AC power. I got the ProMariner ProSport HD12, and then found that this charger is built-in which will require an electrician to mount and install safely. I think I will return it.

Will this other portable battery charger work with my batteries?

Thank you!

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
The ProSport HD12 is a significantly better charger than the NOCO but the Victron Blue Smart chargers are significantly better than the ProSport. If you want easy and excellent the Victron Blue Smart chargers cannot be beat, even by chargers that cost nearly double.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sailor Elliot, You are pretty new to this forum. You may not know that you just got your answer from the best Marine Electrical Engineer in the NE. I would follow his advice.

I know I have and I have been thankful with the charging system on my boat. It is as good as it gets.

Mar 25, 2021
Pacific Seacraft Flicka 20 119 Marina del Rey
The ProSport HD12 is a significantly better charger than the NOCO but the Victron Blue Smart chargers are significantly better than the ProSport. If you want easy and excellent the Victron Blue Smart chargers cannot be beat, even by chargers that cost nearly double.
Thank you so much for the response!! I’ll get the Victron Blue Smart today!