Where can I find one of these ?

Oct 30, 2011
Hunter Cherubini 27 Mason
I have a 1984 Hunter 27 I need the Reefing/Outhaul Line jamb on the Starboard side of the boom. I would assume that this part would be common across the Hunter line, but I've been wrong before. The salvage yards I contacted are not willing to part out the boom. Anyone one know of one that will? I've been told by a welder that it was a White metal casting and could not be welded. I suppose last resort would be to machine one out of solid stock aluminum. One pic is of the piece removed the other is of it in place
IMG_0568.JPG
IMG_0569.JPG

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
One possibility is
Schaefer Marine, Inc., 158 Duchaine Boulevard, New Bedford, MA / Tel: 508-995-9511
They are in your part of the country. Price may be a deterrent, but unless you ask. I have watched Fred Cook, the owner, rebuild a 1960's CAL 40 on his YouTube channel. He has had to make some parts. The company can mill with their CNC water jet just bout any thing you can imagine. Having a part to use will make their task easier.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Since that is the operating handle, you could grind the break flat and drill/tap the flat end.. then screw a stainless stud into that then carve a little handle with a hole through the center .. slide the handle over the stud put a nut on the end and ya done..

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
:DYeah.. nothing personal, but I just got my two boys pretty much off the payroll..
but ya welcome to sail over to play!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sounds like you've been invited to a play date SF..

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
:DYeah.. nothing personal, but I just got my two boys pretty much off the payroll..
but ya welcome to sail over to play!
Congrats on the reduced payroll. I may yet take you up on your offer. When the admiral and I start cruising next month, we are going to head south initially, but the deliveries I've made from your general area make me want to go back and explore.

Jun 5, 2010
Hunter 25 Burlington NJ
DAMCo (Dwyer Aluminum Mast Co) have replacements for that for much less than Rig-Rite will have. They're great folks with a great online catalogue. Their DM-375 boom corresponds to the Kenyon D which is common to many boats including our H27s and H25s (https://www.dwyermast.com/items.asp?cat1ID=30&cat1Name=Booms&familyID=6&familyName=DM-375+Boom).

I nearly bought one of these but elected, at least for the present, to customize and re-rig and re-use my original boom. In some ways it's more fun that way (and also cheaper ;)).

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Kenyon merged with Isomat moving from CA to NC years ago. Z Spar bought them but that went south in a hurry. Mentioned in previous posts. Fellows of the old Kenyon Isomat reinvented into Charleston Spar back at the old plant in NC. Along the way name change to Sparcraft still in NC. Rig-Rite sells parts for Kenyon Isomat in association with Sparcraft. Go to Rig Rite for parts as the forum store I believe will refer you to them. Hopes the history lesson helps to know what happened. Unaware about the part with Dwyer.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
That looks an awful lot like the gooseneck on my old 1979 J24, since sold off. If you have any old j/24's in the yard that are "parts Boats", you might be able to find a boom or gooseneck with that part on it. Come to think of it, I think we took those jaws off the J/24 because we rigged the outhaul to a cleat on the boom and removed all the reefing gear. I may have them in my spare parts box. I'll do some checking and post later. Looked in the spares boxes and no luck.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2007
- - Somerset,
I think I have your part and others. I scrapped several Hunter 25 and seems like many of the booms had that cam. Let me know if you still need it. I am in S.E. Mass and have tons of parts.
Ted