Weekend projects in my Laguna 26

Aug 10, 2020
Catalina C25 3559 Rocky Mount
My fixer upper.
I gutted it a few weeks back. Since then I kinda stalled, got side tracked with another boat, life happened....

This weekend I finally got back to it and finished grinding down my cabin ceiling, fixing the broken edge on my forward hatch, bedding in new backer boards for the stantions and I got the first coat of white on the ceiling. Hopefully I will get the second coat on tomorrow afternoon.

If the weather holds out, I may get the deck hardware back on and new windows sealed in later this week.

It feels good to make progress.

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
You will have a new boat before you know it. AND you will know every inch of your boat. It is a great feeling to know what every wire, and line does and why every screw is there... :beer:

Aug 10, 2020
You will have a new boat before you know it. AND you will know every inch of your boat. It is a great feeling to know what every wire, and line does and why every screw is there... :beer:
That's the goal. This is my first "big boat" . it was a smoking good deal, but needed some TLC. I'm not looking to profit in the end. I just want a nice boat that didn't cost me much.

Aug 10, 2020
More work done today. Stantions and life lines are rebedded and reinstalled. Runners for companionway boards reinstalled. Aft bulkheads are installed. Hopefully tomorrow I get the grab handles installed on the deck and other hardware installed.

I have some work to do on the rest of the interior before reinstalling it all.

Attachments

Aug 10, 2020
Weather, and life have slowed me down a bit. I did get this bulkhead and closet reinstalled today. Other side is almost ready to go in too, still working on the post. Reworking some of the cabinetry still. Drawers need new bottoms, lot's of cleaning and oiling yet to go. I'm contemplating some fabric wrapped panels or bead board to help finish the roof.

The best part! It smells like a new boat! No more musty 1984 smells!

Attachments

Aug 10, 2020
We had a nice weekend, good weather, and I had most of the interior ready to go back in. I made it this far! She's looking like a boat again.

Attachments