Wednesday is Cruising Photo Day - 2020!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats @NLPete. Welcome to the forum. The Walker Bay looks to be a great boat for rowing. But the choice of a tender first, kind of challenges you to get a "Big Enough" boat to support the Tender. Most choose the Tender to support the boat.

Well we each have our priorities. Takes a village, they say.
Welcome. May the ice leave the harbor quickly so you can adventure forth.

NLPete

Apr 20, 2021
Walker Bay 10 Conception Bay
Hmmm. Those pics are tiny....have to figure that out....added the avatar, should count as a pic...?

NLPete

Apr 20, 2021
Walker Bay 10 Conception Bay
I bought the dinghy a couple years ago as it was offered at such an amazing price I could not pass it up!

It does row beautifully with one person aboard and I can load it in my truck easily by myself. Win win. My girlfriend is usually on her paddleboard.

I have looked at the sail kits for her, best price I could find was CDN$1700...yikes! I figure I will get the mothership first...those funds will likely find a higher priority!

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Outstanding. A goal for all of us.
He's pretty amazing at 81. He regularly surfs his kayak in waves up to ~10 ft. His only real difficulty is getting the kayak up and down the beach. Fortunately he has a lot of family members and friends who help him with that bit. He had to give up using a surf board ~30 years ago when he broke his back surfing at Waimea.

• Wow

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Yeah...yeah...it's Monday. I know, but my daughter just got a new job doing marine science work with pupukeawaimea.org. Here's a photo showing part of her new office - Shark's Cove on the North Shore of Oahu. The office space extends south and includes Waimea Bay. She will have a ~2.5 mile commute. I'm more than a little jealous.
f041015_061.jpg

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Wonderful pictures Phil.

As long as we’re ignoring the fact that it’s neither Wednesday nor 2020…

Had my first night on the water for the year last weekend. Nothing too special. We were originally planning to sail to the Magothy River on Friday for a race in that area on Saturday. Storm force winds on Friday put a stop to that. Saturday morning the winds were starting to ease, but they blew 3’ of water out of the bay and we were stuck in our slip for a few hours. We left at noon and sailed to the Sassafras River instead.
1620090803792.jpeg

By evening we had a nice sunset in a well protected bend of the river.
1620090852024.jpeg