Wednesday is Cruising Photo Day - 2020!

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Isn't that a Push-Me/Pull-Me from the movie Doctor Doolittle?
No. A Push-Me/Pull-U is not bisexual. The photo obviously shows one end with horns and the other without, indicating an indeterminate situation as to the heterogeneity of the subject. This may be a Scandinavian variant known as a Knufftrycker.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Well they say Karma can strike again and again and againnnn.

In 2019 @LeslieTroyer, @Ward H and I met up on the 8th of February 2019 in Vancouver BC. We had a great time seeing the city, visiting the Vancouver Boat show and then setting sail out across the Georgia Strait to visit the Sunshine Coast of Vancouver Island.

All started with a nice sunrise send off from Fishermans Wharf in False Creek.
Library - 4 of 6.jpeg

As we left English Bay there was an ominous look in the sky.
Library - 1 of 6.jpeg

The winds of February stirred the Strait giving us a glorious ride
Library - 2 of 6.jpeg

Library - 3 of 6.jpeg

before the snow storm descended.
Library - 5 of 6.jpeg

Library - 6 of 6.jpeg

With the passing of time and the Covid storm of 2020 in our rearview mirror, I thought all of this was in my past.

When I got a call from my friend Les, for us to join he and his wife for a weekend in the San Juan Islands at the Family Homestead, I thought why not.

Who knew that Mother Nature was about to share KARMA again >>>>
A picture out the window of Lopez Island last night.
The 9th February 2021...
1613012991818.jpeg

And then this morning the anniversary of our Sunshine Islands cruise. The morning of 10th February 2021, Southern Shore of Lopez Island....
1613013073916.jpeg

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
These pictures are from several days ago in Topock canyon on the Colorado river between the I40 crossing and Lake Havasu. You have a very high chance of grounding when on the Colorado river so shallow draft and a kick up rudder are necessary. We did this on a windy day making for a really awesome over 15 mile down wind river sail. A little interesting sailing down wind in the river channel at hull speed and then losing rudder because it grounded and popped up LOL..

topock1.jpg

topock2.jpg

topock3.jpg

topock4.jpg

topock5.jpg

Last edited:

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
My 16 year old, Aussie Cattle Dog Rosie had a minor stroke early this week and is now having trouble walking. Last night I took her down to the beach so she could enjoy some fresh air while my daughter and wife paddled their SUPs. Here's the view from our spot on the beach when the sun dropped into the gap in the clouds.
IMG_3334_lr.jpg