Water tank pick up

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When you guys start throwing "Ex-Wives" in to a bet pool it is going to be difficult to decide a winner.

Pictures would be a tie breaker.

• Ha
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Pumps have limited energy input.

You consume it by PULL and PUSH

So remove that Discharge Filter[Push] and save it for the LIFT[Pull]

Jim...

Jan 5, 2021
Hunter 41 DS Saint Petersburg
With the new filter in place, it works fine out of the bucket.
I bet my ex wife because I have a .01% belief it's a problem in the pick up.

• Ha
Jan 5, 2021
RO water filter after the pump, before the manifold. It has a new filter. Still works fine out of the bucket with both the strainer and filter inline.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Mine is so much simpler. There's a hole near the bottom of the tank, so the pump just needs to draw water, not lift it thru more plumbing. I check the pump screen regularly, and I filter water going into the tank.
Last season I cut an inspection hole in the top of the tank so i could scrub out 30 years of whatever accumulated inside. There was a nasty black line around it that I removed.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
RO water filter?:wow3:

Take that filter back to the Landlubber home where you have big pressures...
My last post but have fun searching...

Let us know your final result...
Jim...

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
My water goes thru a 10" Pentair Pentek CBC-10 Carbon Water Filter too. I followed the Practical Sailor writeup on it. Since i had the room, I followed their advice to use a 10" vs a 5" filter and cannister so water pressure would not be affected. been working fine.

Jan 5, 2021
It does have a 10" filter. It was already existing when I bought the boat. It does not impede the volume or pressure when the source is the bucket. I am looking at also filtering the water on the hose as it fills the tank once this problem is solved.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
It does have a 10" filter. It was already existing when I bought the boat. It does not impede the volume or pressure when the source is the bucket. I am looking at also filtering the water on the hose as it fills the tank once this problem is solved.
That's how I do it in and out. I felt more satisfied with the whole project once I scrubbed out the tank.

Jan 5, 2021
That was a question I posed to the P.O. since they actually live in VA but kept their boat in FL. I have not received a response. Judging on the way they caulked the port tank, and the surveyors missed it, I doubt I will get a response.

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
When I run into problems, the first place I look is the last maintenance that was done. Above you mentioned that you have a new filter, could there be an air leak at that point? On my boat there is one of those stupid screen filters in front of the ITT water pump. I have never opened it, but I have had them leak on the washdown system, allowing air into the system.