Want to Buy: Volvo Penta MD7A exhaust Manifold

Dec 20, 2018
Hunter 200 San Francisco
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a VolvoPenta MD7A (motor #14234) exhaust manifold (part #840288). The stretch goal would be to get a whole motor for spare parts.

My Dad was an avid sailor back in the day and his boat has been sitting at the docks for years. He lost the passion over time and when the motor stopped running due to a hole in the EM it didn't help. I'd love to rekindle our relationship, surprise him by turning wrenches on the motor, and start sailing with him. Anyone have anything kicking around in the bay area?

Thanks,
James

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
This could work out well. Ask a few questions like hrs, previous work, hear it run...etc. you can hang on the boom and drop it in after pulling the other out. I’m not sure what a HE would go for but on the MD17, they seem to go for about $1300..

Dec 20, 2018
Hunter 200 San Francisco
We tried repairing it but with the cracks and corrosion it is beyond repair. If replacing the entire motor, are there better options available that are reasonable to swap, drop, and go? I've got mechanics hands so doing the work myself is no problem. I'm guessing $2500 is going to be the price point to get us back on the water?