venture 21 for first boat?

Aug 7, 2011
MacGregor 26S Lakeland, FL
Awesome! What city do you keep it in? (And welcome to FL, by the way!) We're here also, and i'm on the west coast all the time!

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
If he leaves us hanging I'll be posting some very stern "Smilies" to this thread.
That'll teach 'em.

Its frozen out - I've got some time to be a thread cop :evil:

sdstef

Jan 31, 2013
Hunter 28 Branched Oak Lake
It would be a great first boat. That was my first boat 1969 venture 21. It had a 4 horse evinrude yacht win outboard. No reverse, to back it off the trailer I had to turn the motor 180 degrees. I sailed it from Dana Point to Catalina Island and back a few times. We slept on it for the weekend. I was young then and would not do that anymore. The boat is light and has a swing keel. She is tender, but we used to have fun burying the lee rail even the lee window! Pulled around with a Datsun p/u. It developed leaks on the chain plate bolts through the hull but it is an easy repair, also I had to replace the keel winch and cable, and then the lifting bolt in the keel which the winch cable attatches to rotted out, and I had to replace it. cheap boat but lots of fun.

Jun 30, 2010
C&C Corvette Navarre Beach, Florida
Awesome! What city do you keep it in? (And welcome to FL, by the way!) We're here also, and i'm on the west coast all the time!
I keep it in Navarre. On the sound near Juanas. Our house came with a deeded slip.

Aug 7, 2011
MacGregor 26S Lakeland, FL
I keep it in Navarre. On the sound near Juanas. Our house came with a deeded slip.
Aahhh...Floribama. ;)
Very pretty beaches up there, and the BEER sailing adventure leaves from that area, doesn't it?

Nov 17, 2013
Catalina 22 Scottsdale, AZ
If he leaves us hanging I'll be posting some very stern "Smilies" to this thread.
That'll teach 'em.

Its frozen out - I've got some time to be a thread cop :evil:
I feel as if I need resolution and closure.

Jun 10, 2013
macgregor 22 Grand Lake, Oklahoma
Kazz let us know what happened or we will have to form a search party! ....or maybe just a party!

May 21, 2011
Macgregor Venture 21 Beaver lake
Its a gteat first boat I got one six years ago and it has become a passion of mine. Not only is it a wonderful learning tool its also easy and fun as well as great to learn. I have since purchased three other boats but I will keep my first one as long as possible.

Feb 3, 2014
looking! 22? Albany, NY
I ended up not buying the boat. Some expenses came up and sadly I had to turn away. Still looking though! There are two more for sale near me that I am thinking of. One for 600 and another for 100 but needs serious work.