Turbo 240

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
It's only about 5 inches of prebend which is set by the diagonals. Doesn't effect the shrouds or the forstay. I'm only 15% on the uppers and about 10% on the forestay so in 10 knts wind I have about 2 inches of curve on the forestay. And the sails were all designed exactly for this set up.
I'll take your word for it. Its amazing that you can bend your mast that much with just 15% dialed into your uppers. Your uppers pre-bend the mast, the lowers simply stop it from going farther.

May 25, 2018
Hunter H240 Hillsboro Inlet
Sorry but it's the diagonals from the shroud tips to the mast base that set the pre bend.

May 25, 2018
Looks good, I went a little short on the jib hoist because of the fixed jib leads. Will be rigging a jib downhaul to allow for proper sheeting angles on a reach.

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
Consequence of the larger roach is I now need to enlarge my lazy jack sail cover and remove the top two battens to stow the sail. But that is a small price to pay for these style of sails.

May 25, 2018
Yea that top batten is a pain, I don't leave the sails on the boat ever. I did need to move the mast rake forward a bit to help with the weather helm. I'm guessing you don't have as much of an issue with that because of tje keel configuration?

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
Hope weather helm is minimized by my lager new jib. The new jib is 8% larger than my old one and the new main is 12% larger. SWAG tells me the 4% variance should be negligible. In addition, I can hoist my Code 0 and run a “Cutter” configuration in light winds to help balance the helm. The recent installation of main and jib travelers will provide more sail shape control than the stock single point contacts.