Toilet Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I didn't answer this earlier, 'cuz the question was specific to the OPs boat.

After many years of swapping out WC Head Mates, I finally bought and installed a PHII.

Shoulda done it years ago. What a pleasant experience. That lag bolt issue always comes up, time & time again. I asked it, too, many years ago.

If ya don't like the handle, either leave it in the UP position or shorten it. Sometimes the obvious...took me a while, too.

Here's my story:

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3797.0.html

JimLor

Nov 21, 2011
Pearson Pearson 28-2 Deale, MD
Gundaddy - Hmmm, don't know if it is what fixed the weeping, but it is horizontal. I "think" that's what John said (although I talked with him after I changed it to horizontal) - I also think I may have looked at an expoded view of the toilet, saw it was horizontal, and change it. To be honest, the more I think about it the less I'm sure which way it is oriented!

At the marina I met "that guy" when we first got there. You know, really nice older guy with experience and not shy about giving advice. At the advanced age of 59 I'm happy to take folks on face value - but I listen to what they say to determine if they're full of crap (I'd say it's about a 50/50 bet). This guy, still a very nice guy, said 3 things with gusto and confidence that put him in the nice guy but full of crap catagory: 1.) 4' tide in the marina (it's 1+/-); 2.) our boat has a 7,000lb keel - the entire boat is 7k; and one I fell for, 3.) never install a joker valve dry, use vaseline. Well, one of the things I do remember John saying (Groco guy) was to never, ever use petroleum based stuff on the joker valve! He said they sometimes us silicone, but not petroleum (like vaseline). So, I'll be removing the flange yet one more time - I'll check the orientation then.
Thanks.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.