Terminal block connection

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
In the square hole, there should be a release lever, push down on it to release the wires.

Those wires are pretty damaged and exposed. Corrosion could be a problem as well as a poor connection. What is the application for this terminal bar?

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
Yes, I agree on he wire condition. The block is for the Nav Lights. Actually someone tried to force both of those #16's into the same slot. I plan to use a single wire in the block and crimp to the two after cleanup.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
If I were you, I'd change to the screw type terminal bloack. They come in every size and can be cut as needed from a one wire connection to ten.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
If I were you, I'd change to the screw type terminal bloack. They come in every size and can be cut as needed from a one wire connection to ten.
I don't think that will work in this application. The terminal block looks like it from an old Aquasignal TriColor. The block is inside the light fixture.

• Helpful

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Those blocks (Wago) are used on Beneteaus. They are a pain in the A$$ when you first try using them. I took a angled mirror and had to push pretty hard to open the spring connection. Not easy to figure out but you'll get there.

Just do a search on Wago

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Once I learned how to disconnect and connect the wire to a WAGO block, I found that they were pretty easy to work with. Learn the way to open and close the connection point with a narrow bladed screwdriver as a tool, Strip the wire to the proper length so that no excess conductor is sticking out, open the connection point by inserting the tool into the square opening, and pushing downward (not straight in) insert the wire into the connection point. Release the tool... done.
I like some of the components that allow bridging more than one wire to the same circuit.
They components are not easy to find in small quantities because they are primarily packaged and marketed for industrial applications.
Just my 2 cents.