Wago electrical panel

Apr 26, 2014
Beneteau Oceanis 36cc Everett
I am adding new electronics to my Beneteau Oceanis 36cc (1998) I just purchased. I am starting to understand the WAGO system from a few youtube videos, but I am not seeing where the neutral buss is located. All the wires from the switches going to the WAGO blocks are red, thus I presume to be +. The Garmin I will be connecting has a red and black ..

Attachments

Nov 24, 2012
Somewhere adjacent to the wago block should be the negative buss. Look for any black wires and follow them to the buss. In the last photo I believe that is just a cover that pops off.

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
that is a modular power distribution system....
actually, many different configurations can be created using this brand of components

the "box" above could be another terminal strip or hold relays, but is more likely and more commonly just a wire run to keep things organized.

in the photo, the fingers that can be seen on the bottom with the wires coming out from between them, all have a hook on the end of them that hooks into a groove in the cover... if you start at the end and push upwards on the fingers as you pull outwards on the lid, you will then be able to do this successively with all the fingers and release the cover/lid.... or release the fingers on top, whichever is easier to get to....

the ground buss as shown in the system is almost inadequate for a boat, so adding one that will accommodate your needs better will probably be necessary, but if not necessary, it will make it better to work with....

Nov 24, 2012
There has got to be another negative buss. On all of my Beneteaus (4) over the past 30 years there has always been a negative to match the positive for each circuit. So there should be a buss that is handling the same number of wires as the wago block. The negative buss to the left of the wago block doesn't have the leads or the capacity.

Apr 26, 2014
Beneteau Oceanis 36cc Everett
Yes, I agree with Captn TJ. :
The negative buss to the left of the wago block doesn't have the leads or the capacity.
All the neg wires are simply ganged up into two holes. It works, and the pos side does go through circuit breakers, so I will live with what I've got.
I didn't recognize that at first as the neg buss, as I was looking for something for each circuit.
Regarding the WAGO blocks, I kinda like the system once I understand it, but since WAGO makes a gazillion different types of connectors I couldn't find any instructional video on these.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
That is an odd WAGO install - no room for individual neg. You can find negative attachment points on the breaker panel ground bar - these ganged grounds will come over from there.