Summer in the Salish Sea

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
That is the truth. I am fairly certain they do not even think about our living conditions 24-7. At least not on a local personal level.

Maybe briefly in some vague esoteric way.

Lets hope the sailing season can be given a return to near normal. Currently I am giving a circumvent the sound cruise consideration.

I was just discussing with my wife the fact that I had not yet been to Sequim.

Oct 22, 2014
As soon as I finish the Jury Duty 2 weeks, I have told my wife that I need a break.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
I need to get my butt down to the boat and do some work too. At least mine is much closer to home. All going as planned we should be ready for whatever comes this year.

Oct 22, 2014
Wish I was as far along as you. I have been busy clearing the logs and brush that were shed form the trees. One more load today and I got most of the stuff gone. Then a bit of clean up left. Ice Storms Bah Umbug.

Boat work more fun.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Two idioms that I came across recently tie in with my eagerness to shake off these winter doldrums and get out on the water. Both corrected my original understanding of them, which were:

1. Champing at the bit (not chomping, a horse chomping at the bit in its eagerness to get underway)

2. Running the gantlet (not gauntlet, a soldier being punished by running through a narrow path lined with fellow soldiers who used switches to swat at the running soldier as he went by. A form of punishment for misdeeds.)

Either way, the week of April 4th clears the path, maybe, for some water time. The admiral may have some different ideas. We"ll see.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Went to check today. I dont think we are quite there yet.
270D99CD-FB38-41AA-A39A-D3C433A4760A.jpeg

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I went out last Thursday before the front came in. A lot of sitting and bobbing, heavy rain then steady 15 knots gusting to 20+.

May 16, 2015
C&C 37 28127 Port Madison, Washington
Cutting free from Port of Poulsbo end of April. It's been a winter of installations--heater, charger, batteries, windlass. And other necessaries (slainte, Longship Marine!). Headed to Fisherman Bay, home base for a bit.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2000
About half finished with one of those thorny honey dos, trimming the hedge; a major pain. But needed to be done before I can break loose for some cruise time. Maybe the admiral will come along; we'll see. Easter Sunday is April 4th, so need to be around for that, but that week I'm outta here for several days of island cruising, weather permitting.

As we approach the cast away day, I'll place the weather honcho on notice to call for spring weather conditions; sunny skies, light to moderate wind, warming temps. Likely no Easter Bunny again this year, that is unless restrictions ease some now with herd immunity kicking in.

Tentative plan includes a travel to the boat late April 4th, catch an ebb out of Shelter Bay and follow it to Eagle Harbor April 5th. From there, who knows lest the wind drives me west towards Parks Bay. Champing at the bit, they say, or running the gantlet, eh?

Macboy

Aug 8, 2014
Macgregor 26S Sherwood Park, Alberta
Went to check today. I dont think we are quite there yet.
View attachment 191276
Agh! Haha. Looks like a bit of time to get my wiring done hey? Man I hope we get a pile of time on the boat this summer for once and for all. I’m meandering through this thread thinking forward to next June on the coast - prerequisite is a lot of family outings this summer. Maybe we’ll see you at Wab.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Agh! Haha. Looks like a bit of time to get my wiring done hey? Man I hope we get a pile of time on the boat this summer for once and for all. I’m meandering through this thread thinking forward to next June on the coast - prerequisite is a lot of family outings this summer. Maybe we’ll see you at Wab.
Better get after it. :) It's going to come fast this year.

Dec 25, 2000
Got the hedge trimmed per the admiral's directions. Now must dispose of several pickup truck loads of trimmings. Easter week fast approaching. Best get to busting my hump.

Dec 25, 2000
Decided to hire Horhea to be the hump buster. He started yesterday to deal with all the hedge trimmings and haul them away. Much younger than me and gave us a reasonable offer, so we accepted. Couple more days before he is done, but worth his pay.

Now must begin planning for our cruise next week. Most ready to get out on the water for some sail time. I've invited the admiral along, but noncommittal at this point. I hope, I hope, I hope.

Weather honcho had better deliver a reasonable forecast, or else. If he wants his bonus this time around, well...

Dec 25, 2000
Last school day fast approaching; June 17th. Dung the boat this coming weekend so she is ready for our family this season. Number two son and his family arrive June 16th from Texas and want to spend at least a day on the boat circumnavigating Fidalgo Island. Then number one son arrives with his family July 1st from Texas to spend two weeks on Belle-Vie. So, a busy season on hand and even busier if the border opens this year for some travels north; that would be nice.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
We are taking off to the islands Sunday night for a week. Looking forward to some guy time with my dad and brother.

Oct 22, 2014
I got a surprising call from my workaholic sister. She decided to go camping in the Olympic National forest. Wondered if she could meet up and take a ride on the boat.

The last week in September just got booked to visit Port Townsend and explore the Juan D'Fuca looking for wind and perhaps some of the landing places used by the bootleggers during Prohibition.