• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Summer in the Salish Sea

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser moored EVERETT WA
Friday Harbor has a nice guest dock. You can call ahead for reservations. Long walk down dock. Floating head stop when open. Otherwise facilities are up at main building. Marina is right in town with good food options nearby or easy walk.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Fishermans Bay a good anchorage with shore access as well as moorage at the Lopez marina. Small town has much to offer.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser moored EVERETT WA
I have yet to approach Fishermans Bay by boat. We enjoyed our visit during our Valentines stay on Lopez. It was winter but several spots (like the coffee shop) were open. The grocery store is a short walk from the marina docks. With winds out of the Eastern directions (NE to SE) the bay would be very well protected. No fetch out of the west, but also not much wind cover from the low lying sand spit that forms the SW to West edge of the bay.

Check your charts and guides. There is a major rock and sand bar lying in wait for the inattentive skipper entering the bay.

Dec 25, 2000
There is a major rock and sand bar lying in wait for the inattentive skipper entering the bay.
Yes indeed. I've seen that rock as I passed by on my way in, but it is well marked on the charts. Also, try to make it a point to enter/exit on a plus six tide state. That way you reduce the chance of any mishap, eh? Lots of anchoring room once you enter the bay; good holding and similar to Garrison Bay, depth wise.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Friday Harbor has a nice guest dock. You can call ahead for reservations. Long walk down dock. Floating head stop when open. Otherwise facilities are up at main building. Marina is right in town with good food options nearby or easy walk.
Yep, Friday Harbor food

339BE631-A38E-4915-B771-EDFF7832F9F1.jpeg

@jssailem found this place when most of the town was closed due to snow.

Dec 25, 2000
Nice home port, Peter. Certainly more laid back than Portland. Did you sail your boat up or by truck?

Dec 25, 2000
Hi Peter, so Poulsbo was your previous homeport? Pouslbo is a very nice marina and cordial yacht club.