Summer in the Salish Sea

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I’m out of Tacoma/Point Defiance. My experiences with areas south of the Narrows is light wind. We like Penrose State Park and Jerrol’s Cove down south and routinely use Blackly and Eagle harbors across from Seattle. Eagle has a grocery store about a block away from the docks. TYC/Breakwater does not have fuel/gas contrary to Wagonners. You’d have to Uber to the closest grocery store which is Safeway about 5 miles away.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
This business of BC guys (none of them SBO users) keying cars with eastern plates is enough to scare anybody away. Is Fish on 5th open yet?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sorry @Meriachee.
No one south of the border is allowed to go to the hot spots in Sidney. And the folks like Michael and Len maybe Stu are all headed north to play in gods country while all the visitors are locked up by the patrols south of the 49th.

1594688855774.png

Mean looking sucker...All red and White...
So have you dragged that boat of yours out of the hills and are headed to the Sun Coast?

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Sorry @Meriachee.
So have you dragged that boat of yours out of the hills and are headed to the Sun Coast?
We were inches away from being ready to go and then somebody closed the door. Even though the nice folks at @Ralph Johnstone s marina would have put up with us going in there, and leaving from there, there was not really anyplace to go. and the border is still closed.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Really. Mike said he sailed about the islands and found that the marinas were greeting the fellow Canadians with open slips.

Too bad you had to change your plans.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
and leaving from there, there was not really anyplace to go.
You smoking the drapes again :huh:?

- the Gulf Islands
- northern tip of Vancouver Island
- Broughton Archipelago
- Desolation Sound
- Jervis Inlet
- Princess louisa Inlet
- Chatterbox Falls

Ya got anything like that in the south pasture, boy ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
We're leaving Everett on Wednesday (7/22) and headed South. Does anyone want to meet up?

Ken

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Its lake cabin season. Unless you can navigate up Sherwood creek from Belfair I’m out lol. Although we went out for a evening sail Thursday. Clear, warm and a brisk breeze at 15+. Great couple of hours. A lot of whale sittings in the southern area, keep your eye peeled.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Well, day one of 30 and we're spending our first night in Kingston. It was a bit misty and cool on the way over but the evening is turned fantastic. If you haven't been here Kingston makes a great stopover. They even have a free electric vehicle if you need to go to the hardware store or grocery store.

Attachments

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
Kingston is a great place! I'm pretty sure that I've been in that slip before. We'll watch and listen for you. Heading out tomorrow about midday, not going to be out for a full month, but no real plan, either. From the photo, it looks like you have all the essential gear (I get a larger, more complete picture, when I open it in another tab). You talk me into shopping for mussels at Safeway, but it looks like you're on the hunt for fresh crab? :facepalm:

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Good anchoring just outside the entrance. Agree, a very nice layover place to nose around. May see you out there, Ken.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Blake island tonight. Two of us came in at the same time and snagged the last two slips.

Ken

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Thanks Michael Davis. I had to look at Google maps to see where that is. Very nice.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
Filucy Bay... cruisus interruptus... detour, to deal with multiple issues ("Execution supersedes intention")... back on the prowl again, tomorrow. Maybe with a new "unlimited" mobile data plan!
Filucy 7.25.2020 - 1.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
C1DE0117-BFD9-4F6A-A0CB-08D5244A2F2E.jpeg I know it’s not the Salish Sea. When I radioed for moorage he said he thought he could fit us in. Pierres Echo Bay. Not many boats around here today. Three kayaks came in after us.