Standard-sized toilet / Catalina 320

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
If you want to move toilet assembly forward you could attach a fiberglass structural angle to the existing structure. See McMaster-Carr for choices. Strong and inexpensive. Other structural shapes available as well.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I don't think I've ever seen the thinking in a post complete an entire circle before! :) And btw...be sure to wrap the threads on the tank fittings in plenty of teflon tape. Do NOT use any other sealant!

Fwiw, it really doesn't matter whether waste is macerated going into the tank, and even coming out of the tank unless the tank is dumped shortly after solids and TP have been deposited...'cuz solid waste is already 75% water, so dissolves in water very quickly and quick-dissolve TP typically dissolves within an hour or two. Which may help to explain why manual and electric diaphragm overboard discharge pumps--which do NOT macerate--rarely if ever discharge any undissolved matter.

--Peggie

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
If you want to move toilet assembly forward you could attach a fiberglass structural angle to the existing structure. See McMaster-Carr for choices. Strong and inexpensive. Other structural shapes available as well.
I could do that, but Sue is not very enthusiastic about projecting the toilet bowl out into the already limited space any further than absolutely necessary, so I'm pretty much working in the opposite direction.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Well, I made it fit and I'm happy! I have a little cosmetic work to do behind the back of the toilet. I cut out a small area of the wall to move the fittings inside slightly. The lid opens nicely and all is well!