Stainless Steel Yanmar Mixing Elbow Source

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
I didn't want this to get lost on the other thread, but I recently purchased a replacement mixing elbow for my Yanmar 1GM from Ben Cotton in Norfolk, VA. His web site is at: http://exhaustelbow.com/

There are other models available, scroll down through the site and look. He may also be able to make one for you, if you talk to him. His email address is ben at exhaustelbow dot com.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
What water backing up into engine,the cast iron is a u inverter to stop water from backing up into engine.
Nick

Dan_Y

Oct 13, 2008
Hunter 36 Hampton
Nick I think those straight elbows are for engine installations above the water line maybe, or where the exhaust hose is laid out with an inverted "U" near the overboard port to help prevent water flowing into the engine. Our boats for sure use the U cast iron elbow, which is supposed to be just above the waterline. Our engines are below the waterline, which is about at the exhaust port or just an inch or two below as I recall. The U exhaust elbow is above the water line by a few inches. I'm going to email him to see if he makes the U-type elbow, especially since you had to replace yours already. I have been keeping a close eye on mine.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Just ordered one for the admiral for Christmas for her Yanmar 3QM30.
You are a very considerate spouse! :thumbup:
Mine is waiting to be installed after my tank monitor project.

FYI, they don't come with gaskets