Show us your boat name!

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
I know of a sailboat name s/v Uranus. A stellar name. But over vhf it could be mistaken for ur anus. :D

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
As many of you remember, I am a little late to the party. I just bought my first sail boat last fall.
I came up with this logo and would like to get a decal made or paint it on the boat before spring gets here. View attachment 162179
or try any sign shop, they can do it in vinyl if you send them that design, looke great. Did ours just last year

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
T
I know of a sailboat name s/v Uranus. A stellar name. But over vhf it could be mistaken for ur anus. :D
There is a boat I see on the bay every now and then, “Titan Uranus”, a Catalina 27 I think.
I did chuckle the first time I saw it and to each his own, but I lean just a little towards that level of humor is slightly crude to be on public display and to be the view non sailors have of us.

Jun 14, 2010
Seafarer 29 Oologah, OK
T

There is a boat I see on the bay every now and then, “Titan Uranus”, a Catalina 27 I think.
I did chuckle the first time I saw it and to each his own, but I lean just a little towards that level of humor is slightly crude to be on public display and to be the view non sailors have of us.
Agree but then I see some of the t-shirts people wear in public and I have to say, at least it's sort of clever and not patently offensive on its face.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
My son's 6th grade science teacher insisted it was pronounced yur'-ă-nus. We tried to tell him that wasn't how it was pronounced and he thought we were teasing him.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
My brother in-law names his dinghy Ur-gay.
And painted the name on all the crab pot bouys. That way he’d be able to identify the culprit who was taking crabs from his pots.