Show us your boat name!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
According to the Urban Thesaurus, the top 5 slang words for "defibrillator" are: aed, tazing emu, zap zap mf, fibbed, and necrofibrillator. None of them make good boat names o_O

Dec 11, 2008
catalina C27 stillwater
My wife's nick name is Lake Lauren and she has an attitude for sure sometimes, hence L.L.attitudes II, which is an obvious play on latitudes.....

IMG_4130.JPG

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The SV HADLEY in her glory...
IMG_3978.JPG

I feel a boat name should reflect emotion. The name Hadley reflects several personal and family emotions. First, my granddaughters name is Hadley. My Mom's maiden name was Hadley. I never knew my Granddad, Cmdr Hugh W Hadley. He was of the Pacific NW and of the sea. So as I sail his waters, I honor him in the choice of name.
IMG_3827.JPG
2A5CBF4B-524A-44C0-A14E-3F888A09EE91.jpeg
And I honor the men who fought on the USS Hadley DD774, who honored my Mom and I as plank owners.
IMG_3452.JPG

Thanks to @LeslieTroyer for the wonderful companion way boards.

A boat's name is personal.

Last edited:

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
The SV HADLEY in her glory...
View attachment 162143
I feel a boat name should reflect emotion. The name Hadley reflects several personal and family emotions. First, my granddaughters name is Hadley. My Mom's maiden name was Hadley. I never knew my Granddad, Cmdr Hugh W Hadley. He was of the Pacific NW and of the sea. So as I sail his waters, I honor him in the choice of name.
View attachment 162144
And I honor the men who fought on the USS Hadley DD774, who honored my Mom and I as plank owners.
View attachment 162145
Thanks to @LeslieTroyer for the wonderful companion way boards.

A boat's name is personal.
John,
That's a fantastic photo of SV Hadley and a great story behind her name.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
John,
That's a fantastic photo of SV Hadley and a great story behind her name.
Thanks Ward. I was 1/4 mile away with a 500mm lens on a crop camera so 750 equivalent. Got lucky with wave & boat movement.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Been there once and absolutely loved it. I felt at home in Port Angeles for some reason. I always wondered why that town doesn't get much attention.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice town... Further out on the peninsula then Port Townsend. It is the "highway to Victoria" so a vital link to Vancouver Island. I think that it is the distance from Seattle. Everything revolves around Seattle like the Sun...

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
@Scott T-Bird PA is a great place to be from!! Sailing is less than 5 minutes from the parents old house and 30 minutes to ski lifts. That said the bars and churches are always going back and forth to see who has the most facilities to vie for your soal. I never looked back after high school.

Les

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
My favorite combination … sailing and skiing! Sue insisted on eating at Bella Italia because she loved those vampire movies. Everybody had a great laugh at her expense when we found out the restaurant wasn't actually in the movie. The guys at the bar asked "you came all the way from New Jersey just to eat here?" They bought drinks. I had to admit … the halibut was delish!

Jun 23, 2013
Beneteau 373 Newport
Don’t have pics with me. And for the first few boats they wouldn’t be digital
First was a gray hull white deck Mirage 24 - I named Shadowfax - the gray/white horse in Lord of the Rings that was faster than the wind.
The next two were Mermaid (and my email became nptmerman)
Then I married - she had an Ensign named Blue Moon
So, sold the two and bought Catalina 36, we named Lunea - Lun for moon and Ea = mermaid (Babylonian)
On to our present Beneteau 373 - Sirene