Shaft log hose stuck

Apr 1, 2012
Pearson 424 Charleston, SC
My previous ‘88 C30 had a pss without the air vent tube, I never had a problem with it. I just burped it at spring launch and periodically throughout the sailing season I would compress the bellows just because.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
I also have the PSS model without the tube. Have had it for well over ten years. I burp it once every spring and replaced the bellows after ten years, but the old bellows looked like new when I removed it. Highly recommend the model without the tube for a sailboat.

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
I also have the PSS model without the tube. Have had it for well over ten years. I burp it once every spring and replaced the bellows after ten years, but the old bellows looked like new when I removed it. Highly recommend the model without the tube for a sailboat.
It looks like it only comes with the tube now. Would the recommendation be to either cap it off or add a hose with a shut off valve and use it to burp if needed?

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
It's a vent hose. Just attach the open end above your waterline. Mine is zip tied to the vent valve on my exhaust mixing elbow.

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
Just don't ever forget to burp it after a long haul out or you will a very strange noise and lots of smoke coming from the engine room after about 15 minutes of motoring. :yikes: