Scupper hose diameter for 1985 Catalina 27

Jul 21, 2016
catalina 27 Broad Creek, MD
Does anyone know the internal diameter (and even length if possible) of the scupper hoses used on a 1885 Catalina 27. Mine are so rotten, that they will completely disintegrate if I remove them and the boat is in the water - so I am definitely not anxious to take them off, check the internal diameter and wait for replacements. Catalina yachts does not have the information at this point - so I would like to make sure that I have the right size hoses before I take them off to get the ID. If it helps the hull number is 5916. The boat yard told me that they checked them two years ago - but obviously they didn't!! Any information gratefully received. Thanks.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Even if you have the right size hoses... you still have to remove the old ones first. How were you going to handle that?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Take one off, measure the id, then place it back on until you get the new ones. Depending on measurements from someone elses boat is always fraught with danger.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Take one off, measure the id, then place it back on until you get the new ones.
that's the best thing to do .....and plan on going to the chandlery when you find out the size right then and get them...and replace asap... that should take less than 4 hrs and reduce your exposure time to almost nothing...... some of the work on boats has to be done with a sense of urgency weather we like it or not......

Apr 2, 2011
Catalina 27 Niceville, FL
I have an 86 model and not all C27 are the same. Yours probably is like mine. The short answer is 3.5ft of 1-5/8" will do both sides. I did mine with the boat in the water. I will try to send you a private email with all the info to do a modification that is much better than the original.

Kopite

Mar 11, 2015
Catalina 27 Monroe MI
Hi, what is the modification you employed ? I need to renew my hoses shortly too...