Salish Sea sailing?

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
For those who don't know it includes Puget Sound, San Juan Islands, and Canadian waters

We are planning to be on board leaving Everett 15th of August through September 4th. Does anyone want to meet up? When and where? We're still trying to make our plans.

Ken Cross

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
We certainly wouldn't avoid you.
How does your time look?

For those of you who don't know him Stu is a great guy.
Ken

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Love that gauntlet challenge, Ken. I hear that Stu enjoys rendezvous. My cell number is 425/870-6923. I hope to be on the water between those dates and would especially like to meet up somewhere north of here. Very special if Stu were to make an encore appearance.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
What are your start and end locations?
Our start and end locations are Everett. The places in the middle could be most anyplace. We weren't planning to go south of Gig Harbor. Not likely northwest of the Gulf Islands.

Ken

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
We plan to be in the San Juans ~8/19-31. Probably James Island and another marine park or two early on, followed by a couple days in Friday Harbor, then ???. I'll follow up with more concrete plans if and when we make them (as concrete as cruising plans can ever be).

Dec 25, 2000
Wish I had the time...
Nothing happens without a plan. Write it down, read it often, make it happen. As whatsis said in, "Shawshank Redemption", "get busy liv'n or get busy dy'n.", or something like that. Just say'n.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Nothing happens without a plan. Write it down, read it often, make it happen. As whatsis said in, "Shawshank Redemption", "get busy liv'n or get busy dy'n.", or something like that. Just say'n.
Always a dangerous thing to say on a sailors forum! "Wish I had time"! Hahahaha....

But to out your mind to rest, in fact I do have a plan, it is written down, am I am working towards completing that plan. :thumbup:

dj

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Okay, here's the plan so far. We plan to make it to the San Juans by about August 17th. We may spend the first night at James Island if there is room on the dock. Otherwise, we may drop the hook at Hunter Bay unless the winds are wrong. After that, ??? We'll see where the tide or friendship take us. Our boat is the Amazing Grace MMSI 338348492

Ken

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Bay is supposed to be tops for crab. Likely be after the 22nd before I can get out. Hope to see you out there. House full of kids and grandkids for several days.

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
@Ken Cross - We'll be a couple days behind you. We plan to cross from Anacortes on the 19th (weather permitting) and will probably spend a couple days at James Island (also possibly dependent on space at the dock). Perhaps we'll see you at James, if you haven't moved on before we get there. We'll be in Friday Harbor the nights of the 22nd through 24th. Maybe Spencer Spit in between James and FH.

The next week, probably a couple days in Blind Bay. Tentatively Jones Island in there somewhere. If we're feeling really adventurous (and the weather looks good), we might venture out and around to Sucia. The plan is to head back to Anacortes late that week (the 30th or 31st most likely, again weather dependent).

S/V Breezy, MMSI 338178678

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
@Ken Cross - We'll be a couple days behind you. We plan to cross from Anacortes on the 19th (weather permitting) and will probably spend a couple days at James Island (also possibly dependent on space at the dock). Perhaps we'll see you at James, if you haven't moved on before we get there. We'll be in Friday Harbor the nights of the 22nd through 24th. Maybe Spencer Spit in between James and FH.

The next week, probably a couple days in Blind Bay. Tentatively Jones Island in there somewhere. If we're feeling really adventurous (and the weather looks good), we might venture out and around to Sucia. The plan is to head back to Anacortes late that week (the 30th or 31st most likely, again weather dependent).

S/V Breezy, MMSI 338178678
Sounds like a plan. We should be able to meet.

Ken

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Hunter Bay is supposed to be tops for crab. Likely be after the 22nd before I can get out. Hope to see you out there. House full of kids and grandkids for several days.
Nice, We have until about Sept 2 before we need to head home.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I’m already out here..Have to head home on wed. Partied with Mukilteo YC last night!