Random Yanmar instrument warning light and buzzer

Oct 8, 2023
Hunter 30 Lake Travis, Austin Texas
View attachment 227765

The above two flanges are held together by nuts and bolts.

Your flanges were held together with one of the flanges having two threaded holes.

Convert the buggered up hole in the flange to be held together with a nut and bolt.
I appreciate your input, but I still don't get it since the buggered up hole still needs to be drilled out and tapped for the mating flange to bolt to. Unless you mean to drill and tap, then put in a threaded stud to bolt to instead of bolting through the top flange. Either way would work, but it seems like the bolt is the simplest solution.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
appreciate your input, but I still don't get it since the buggered up hole still needs to be drilled out and tapped for the mating flange to bolt to.
1727378220455.png

You do not need to tap into the mating flange. You don't bolt into the mating flange. You bolt THROUGH the mating flange and have a nut on the other side. Look at the red flangesin post #40 and picture how those two flanges are bolted together with 2 nuts and 2 bolts.

1727379054620.png

One set of holes in YOUR two flanges are going to be like this with NO threads in either flange.

Last edited: