Possibly One of My Best Ideas Yet.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
An inventive adaptation of resources many may not know exists.

Thanks for sharing your creative idea.

Daze

Dec 16, 2019
Hunter 49 Marblehead, MA
Wow, another great idea with an easy to follow installation guide. Can't wait to see your next creative solution!

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
where is a good place to source those fittings?
Great idea thks

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
where is a good place to source those fittings?
Great idea thks
A great source for these parts is US Plastic Corp.
They carry all of the Colder CPC parts, plus a bunch of other neat stuff.
figure out what size your fuel hose ID is.
You want the Colder LC series.
Go to Colder’s site. It’s very well laid out.
if you have questions, let me know.
These fittings are, on average, <$20 each. Very good value.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Go to Colder’s site. It’s very well laid out.
if you have questions, let me know.
Do you have a more complete description or part no.?
Don't see these fittings listed on the US Plastics site. Thanks.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Do you have a more complete description or part no.?
Don't see these fittings listed on the US Plastics site. Thanks.
Go to the Colder CPC site
they are the mfg
It is the LC series
ill help you with PN if you wish.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
More systems should be designed like this!

I'm not sure if there's any added benefit to doing this with your system but I shut off the fuel valve and let the motor burn up any fuel left in the lines before working on it. It gets most of it out

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
More systems should be designed like this!

I'm not sure if there's any added benefit to doing this with your system but I shut off the fuel valve and let the motor burn up any fuel left in the lines before working on it. It gets most of it out
Hi
I shut off my tank valve before the upgrade just out of caution.
By burning off the fuel, it means bleeding the system. That was something I wanted to avoid once this upgrade was done.
I found that during bleeding a small amount of fuel dripped below the engine, and I just don’t like having any in my engine pan, or in the bilge.
When you unplug these Colder connectors, there is literally less than 1/4 of a thimble when you separate the connectors apart.
i just have a small rag around them when I disconnect.
Please appreciate these were designed for industrial applications, where leaking chemicals onto a plant floor just doesn’t cut it.
The reason I mounted my manifold horizontally was to contain the 1 or 2 drops in the connector body when you separate the halves. Works well
Something that always bugged me were the cheap “shut off” connectors they use on outboard motors. No matter how careful you are, there’s always gas in the water. I find that unacceptable.
Thanks for your positive comments btw!

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Ahh that make sense! I forgot about the whole bleeding thing. I've played with similar connectors for hydraulics before and it is impressive how little fluid leaks when you connect or disconnect them. Nice work!

Jan 4, 2019
Hunter 50 Halifax & Martinique
OK, I've been working on this for awhile, and wanted to get it running perfectly before discussing it.
So, I put it in PDF as it displayed a bit better.
Your comments would be appreciated
Good luck!
Looks like an excellent set up, which I would like to add to my H50, once we are reunited after our COVID separation. I also want to install your engine coolant impellor fix. I am going to assemble the pieces and take them south with me.

Zencra

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 49 Melbourne
OK, I've been working on this for awhile, and wanted to get it running perfectly before discussing it.
So, I put it in PDF as it displayed a bit better.
Your comments would be appreciated
Good luck!
this is an excellent upgrade, thanks for sharing. you should market this in a kit form.

Apr 2, 2021
Hunter 38 On the move
Very nice! And a nice solution to the problem of being able to rapidly swap filters without having to bleed lines where you don't have the space to have the valved dual filter setup you mention. I carry a complete filter/bowl/mount as a spare, using this method I'd just have to store it pre-charged with fuel (would not even need to be in the engine compartment) and have the ability to swap a clogged filter with only minutes or less of engine down time.

The only thing I'd mention is I use this sort of connection on the pee valve of my drysuit and for long-distance solo flying. I've noticed it is possible esp. if you're in a hurry, to think you have it properly connected and its not. I once flew across the country happily thinking I was peeing into a bottle. I wasn't :(. So, I'd simply recommend a good tug to ensure the connector is fully seated before attempting to start the engine.

• Ha
Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Very nice! And a nice solution to the problem of being able to rapidly swap filters without having to bleed lines where you don't have the space to have the valved dual filter setup you mention. I carry a complete filter/bowl/mount as a spare, using this method I'd just have to store it pre-charged with fuel (would not even need to be in the engine compartment) and have the ability to swap a clogged filter with only minutes or less of engine down time.

The only thing I'd mention is I use this sort of connection on the pee valve of my drysuit and for long-distance solo flying. I've noticed it is possible esp. if you're in a hurry, to think you have it properly connected and its not. I once flew across the country happily thinking I was peeing into a bottle. I wasn't :(. So, I'd simply recommend a good tug to ensure the connector is fully seated before attempting to start the engine.
I agree, and forgot to include a photo
Once plugged in, I attach a cable tie around the hoses to a stationary point. This makes you do a pull test, and also takes vibration stress off the connectors. Because the hoses are so flexible, I didn’t want them vibrating around as the boat pitched, etc.
Sorry about your soggy airplane cockpit

Apr 2, 2021
Hunter 38 On the move
I agree, and forgot to include a photo
Once plugged in, I attach a cable tie around the hoses to a stationary point. This makes you do a pull test, and also takes vibration stress off the connectors. Because the hoses are so flexible, I didn’t want them vibrating around as the boat pitched, etc.
Sorry about your soggy airplane cockpit
Just my pants lol

Apr 6, 2004
Hunter 49 Downers Grove, IL
Looks like I'm off to start sourcing parts for another "Art Boas Original" (pat pend) upgrade to my H49. Going to be a busy winter, as I also have an aft AC unit to replace and I'm 1/2 way thru Art's water pump relocation project.
Art - since my boat's an hour and a half away, any chance that you know the fuel line diameters for the engine/generator? It'll let me go ahead and get the Colder fittings ordered.

Thanks -

T J