Please help me identify these parts !

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Found these in an old cabinet.
Any idea what they are ?
One looks almost like an impeller or something.

20200609_190202.jpg

P.S. I actually know what they are.. But do you ?
Extra points if you can tell me the last time you used them;)

• Ha

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Leo's probably correct, definitely not any impeller, the yellow one almost looks like a dealio for the Tides full batten mainsail system, or from a Star Trek episode in 1966. They look oh so familiar, just can't place it......

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Kids today, they don't know nothing.

Adapters for 45 RPM singles. Never used them as I always bought record albums. :)
Not only could kids identify the adapters, they probably don’t know what a 45 RPM record is.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Kids today, they don't know nothing.

Adapters for 45 RPM singles. Never used them as I always bought record albums. :)
I stopped playing 45s after high school. Had to use adapters back then. Then I got into quality equipment purchased while I was stationed in Japan. Including a direct drive turntable .

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Parts like this? An aluminum one as well as plastic; Stuff from cleaning out mom's old house. Tinted transparent vinyl
0AAA5640-2386-4145-AADE-D101EE47DE9E.jpeg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
hahahaha

So when my youngest was about 8... I was digging through the back of my closet and found some of my old LP's (who remembers what that stands for) and when my daughter saw them she said in wonder.... "Whoa! HOW MANY SONGS DO THOSE HOLD"

When I said "8 on each side" she looked very confused...

Her reference being a CD....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I think LP meant 'long play'.
I always have to remember when speaking to the younger generations that my references, be it cliches, jokes, history etc, may not mean anything to them.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Told one of my eleven grandchildren she talks like a 33 RPM record on 78. Blank stare back. Too complicated to explain to a modern kid. Have to update my expressions, I guess.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Told one of my eleven grandchildren she talks like a 33 RPM record on 78. Blank stare back. Too complicated to explain to a modern kid. Have to update my expressions, I guess.
LOL.... yup... for the longest time I'd get a laugh when I wrote something on the palm of my hand and say "let me enter that into my palm pilot". ..... I had to stop using that joke about 5 years ago.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
About 2 years ago came across some 78's (Bing Crosby) from my mother in laws house Fortunately I have a turntable that could run them.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
About 2 years ago came across some 78's (Bing Crosby) from my mother in laws house Fortunately I have a turntable that could run them.
I have approx 200 78s that I plan on transfering to digital this winter. One is Bing's original 1942 White Christmas release. And Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, a.large.number of now forgotten artists, even a few early ones with metal substrate,

Fun fact: Bing Crosby re- recorded and released White Christmas in 1947 because the original 1942 master was worn out, AND more importantly, he had re-negotiated his contract.
The one everyone knows is the 1947 version which gave him much higher profits.

Another Fun fact: Records have been released in 78, 33 1/3, 45 and 16 RPM.

Luckily my dad had a fancy portable stereo record player that plays them all and still works. Though I assume the needle is worn out and definitely not replaceable now.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
I would enjoy a copy of that digital file. Let me know the data size it ends up being and I'll send a couple of file Gig sticks.
Depending on copyrite I plan on putting them on the Internet archive for worldwide access. I can also post them on my own server. I don't want them lost to history.