• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Please help me identify these parts !

Mar 20, 2015
Catalina 22 New Style SHSC, Lake Winnipeg
Found these in an old cabinet.
Any idea what they are ?
One looks almost like an impeller or something.

20200609_190202.jpg

P.S. I actually know what they are.. But do you ?
Extra points if you can tell me the last time you used them;)

• Ha

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Leo's probably correct, definitely not any impeller, the yellow one almost looks like a dealio for the Tides full batten mainsail system, or from a Star Trek episode in 1966. They look oh so familiar, just can't place it......

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Kids today, they don't know nothing.

Adapters for 45 RPM singles. Never used them as I always bought record albums. :)

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI

Adapters for 45 RPM singles. Never used them as I always bought record albums. :)
Not only could kids identify the adapters, they probably don’t know what a 45 RPM record is.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS

I stopped playing 45s after high school. Had to use adapters back then. Then I got into quality equipment purchased while I was stationed in Japan. Including a direct drive turntable .

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Parts like this? An aluminum one as well as plastic; Stuff from cleaning out mom's old house. Tinted transparent vinyl
0AAA5640-2386-4145-AADE-D101EE47DE9E.jpeg

Jan 19, 2010
Hunter 26 Charleston
hahahaha

So when my youngest was about 8... I was digging through the back of my closet and found some of my old LP's (who remembers what that stands for) and when my daughter saw them she said in wonder.... "Whoa! HOW MANY SONGS DO THOSE HOLD"

When I said "8 on each side" she looked very confused...

Her reference being a CD....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Ha
Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I think LP meant 'long play'.
I always have to remember when speaking to the younger generations that my references, be it cliches, jokes, history etc, may not mean anything to them.