Pick one...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Americanos with an extra shot are my standard order when away from home. Still cream and sugar, though.
I love espresso chip ice cream too.

As for regular coffee: my basic approach is, if you pour the coffee from the pot into your mug and you can see light through the stream, it's not strong enough.

We enjoy, at home, Café Du Monde Coffee and Chicory that we order through Amazon. I use to grind our coffee fresh, and I like doing that, but my time in the mornings is now taken up with chatting with friends on the sailing forum, so this is a great compromise.

-Will

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
A guy I knew in High School, but I haven't been in touch until recently, is one of about 24 coffee raters in the world. He has said that roasting your own beans is the way to go. He also says quality is all about altitude that the beans are grown at. There's a zone were the best beans are produced. He doesn't drink coffee very much. He came from a commodities background and learning coffee was a business skill for him.

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
I don’t get the dirty coffee mug thing. Coffee is best when fresh ground and fresh brewed. It does not get better with age. Now throw in some cream residue and you have a biology experiment. This is how COVID started.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
We enjoy, at home, Café Du Monde Coffee and Chicory that we order through Amazon
Did you know Chicory root is very Sweet and a source of Sugar, until roasted?
Cans & Single Serve - Cafe Du Monde New Orleans

For what we drink normally and many options plus they ship too.
Community Coffee | #1 Family-Owned Retail Coffee Brand in America

I drink my coffee like the locals do and I have been to Brazil

No matter, milk, cream, sweetener, etc
Try what they like for best coffee experiences.
Jim...

PS: I tried this for a subtle taste and is great.
11 oz. Ground Strawberries and Chocolate Coffee

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I don’t get the dirty coffee mug thing. Coffee is best when fresh ground and fresh brewed. It does not get better with age. Now throw in some cream residue and you have a biology experiment. This is how COVID started.
Funny! :what: About as funny as someone taking an antibiotic to fight a virus infection. :facepalm:

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Now throw in some cream residue and you have a biology experiment. This is how COVID started.
That is why I drink mine black…no crème to spoil even if I drink it cold a day later, and sugar to make me fat.

Greg

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
... and sugar to make me fat.

Greg
That is what the "non-fat" creamer does. Non-fat, meaning there is no fat in the creamer, but doesn't mean it will not make one fat. LOL

Jan 19, 2010
All right! I need y'all to help me finish this.

So a guy walks into an internet cafe and posts a picture of two coffee mugs on his favorite forum....

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
A bit of thread drift here…. but here are my 2 “go-to” coffee mugs at home…

I use the “knots” one every day…really my favorite. The handle is a “cleat”. It came with 2 pieces of yarn to use to practice the knots.

But my new daughter-in-law gave me the other one at their wedding…so hard not to like this one too.

BBA209FD-8B8A-480B-B223-05EAC7573A39.jpeg

I am not going to show you the insides…but the Knots one is blue…so maybe it is less nasty than a white one ;-)

Merry Christmas to all,

Greg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021
Hunter 280 White House Cove Marina
Back when I was a much younger man, serving on the USS Richard E Byrd DDG-23 I was told a couple of things about not washing a coffee cup.
If there is not enough water to take a shower, you should not wash your coffee cup.
Coffee should be hot enough to kill anything in your coffee cup so there is no need to wash it.
Once you properly cure your coffee cup you know there is no nasty soup and chemicals carried over from the scullery.
Once you haven't washed your coffee for a couple of months no one else really wants to drink from it.

One last thing, do to limited storage and refrigeration space, milk, cream and sugar were for cooking not coffee. I learned to enjoy hot strong black coffee.

The joke was more of a shock moment than a joke and normally went like this.
While standing watch the Chief looks at the FNG "Jonesy go get us some coffee"
Jonesy "How would you like your coffee Chief"
Chief "Just like my women Jonesy
Jonesy "How do you like your women?"
Chief "Hot and Black"
Jonesy gives the Chief the what the heck look, shakes his head and goes to get coffee....

Jan 19, 2010
Back when I was a much younger man, serving on the USS Richard E Byrd DDG-23 I was told a couple of things about not washing a coffee cup.
If there is not enough water to take a shower, you should not wash your coffee cup.
Coffee should be hot enough to kill anything in your coffee cup so there is no need to wash it.
Once you properly cure your coffee cup you know there is no nasty soup and chemicals carried over from the scullery.
Once you haven't washed your coffee for a couple of months no one else really wants to drink from it.

One last thing, do to limited storage and refrigeration space, milk, cream and sugar were for cooking not coffee. I learned to enjoy hot strong black coffee.

The joke was more of a shock moment than a joke and normally went like this.
While standing watch the Chief looks at the FNG "Jonesy go get us some coffee"
Jonesy "How would you like your coffee Chief"
Chief "Just like my women Jonesy
Jonesy "How do you like your women?"
Chief "Hot and Black"
Jonesy gives the Chief the what the heck look, shakes his head and goes to get coffee....
I guess if you wanted to PC that joke you could go with “stong and hot”