Photos of Upgrades or Updates

Jun 5, 2012
Catalina 30 mkI Victoria, British Columbia
Elysium, what motor do you have, I have a universal xp25, best I can get is about 5.4 on a extendo prop...
I've got a Yanmar 3YM20. It was installed in 2008. I switched over to the Campbell Sailer as it came highly recommended and I have seen comparable Catalina 30's walk away from me with one.
So far I have tested it out twice - glass calm (marginal current) I was able to do 6.1kts at 3000RPM, and then under reasonable current and winds I was doing mid 5's. Both were while towing a heavy Walker Bay RIB with a 7.5 on it, so I am quite happy!
Still, it's going to take a loooooong time to recoup the cost of the prop. But that's OK.

Sep 25, 2015
Catalina 30 Middle River
Afternoon delight  in slip.jpg

too many new things to mention but the one I really like and use is the swim platform and it also work well as a dingy platform.

Sep 25, 2015
Catalina 30 Middle River
The platform was from Plasteak and the brackets was done at a welder shop from stainless steel. If I remember about $ 700 total. Oh swim ladder was bought off Ebay. 4 step pull down.

Sep 19, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Sanilac
Sweet set up, you don't happen to have the dimensions of the platform do you? I see you have the under platform ladder. How is it putting it back up and deploying?