Outboard motor rail mount

May 6, 2019
Catalina 310 0063 Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa
Good day all. We are looking to carry our 6hp motor on our stern rail. I’ve looked at several mount options but the curve in the seat rail doesn’t allow placement in what I would have thought the obvious choice. Any suggestions on a mount type or better placement? Thanks!

Attachments

JAE

Feb 15, 2021
Catalina 31 38 GIG HARBOR
Hey Good Vibes, here’s a shot of our 310 w Edson stern rail mount. We carry a 2.5hp Honda. It’s light so you may consider adding a support arm to assist for stability. We also have a Garhauer motor lift.
Hope this helps!
JAE
# 38 PEARL
1620393223509.jpeg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Looks like others came up with the same solution. My stern rail is also curved rail with a small horizontal section, albeit not long enough at the top and bottom to install a low cost off-the-shelf outboard motor mount. Was able to install an Edson Marine stern rail outboard motor mount for a 1 inch diameter railing SKU EDS 521100. If you shop around you find one at a reasonable cost.
1620393422354.png
1620393981171.png

May 6, 2019
Catalina 310 0063 Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa
Thanks! I have been looking at this one but our solar panel mount support eats into the available space and I think the top attachment might be too long. The manual for the Edson says the plate is 7” wide. I don’t have that between the down tube and the panel support (see the above picture). Thanks for the quick response and great pics.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Thanks! I have been looking at this one but our solar panel mount support eats into the available space and I think the top attachment might be too long. The manual for the Edson says the plate is 7” wide. I don’t have that between the down tube and the panel support (see the above picture). Thanks for the quick response and great pics.
I was going to ask you what that vertical tube is. It does limit your placement of the motor. If you ever consider davits, that would be a good place for the solar panels.