O'Day emblems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Great job Joe! Thank you so much for sending me that specially named emblem. I intend to display it in my cabin. I'll bring the other emblems to Rudy in a couple of weeks when I uncover my boat.
Warmest Regards,
Joe

gcw47

Feb 7, 2010
Oday 23 Somerville, Tx
Anyone heard anymore from Joe? I've been eagerly awaiting my set of *antiques*. Hope all is well. :confused:

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
I dropped off the emblems that Joe gave me to show Rudy and he was very receptive of trying to move them at his store. He said he would give Joe a call. I just emailed Joe and told him you were asking for him.

Joe

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Sorry Ed, I have been busy as a three legged dog in a peeing contest of late. I have had your emblems ready for a month now and apologize for not getting them out. My wife is going to the post office Monday to mail them. They aren't as good as I hoped but not terrible either. Sorry again for the delay.

Attachments

Apr 4, 2011
Oday 222 Centerville, Iowa
Hi: Your emblems are beautiful. My 1986 ODay 222 has oval emblems that just say ODay, are all black except the top surfaces of the letters is silver color. Have you ran across these ?? One of mine is missing and the other one is broken on one edge. They are attached with screws. I'd be happy to send you the one, if you can duplicate a pair. And, of course I'd be happy to compensate you. Let me know if you are still doing them. Thank you. Richard Brees

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Hi bear. I wouldn't call them beautiful, but a reasonable recreation of an unavailable item. That particular one might be available from D&R. In the event Rudy doesn't have them I could certainly give it a shot. PM me with your Email and I'll send you my address if all proves fruitless. If you can convince someone to send me one intact or that has all the pieces that would be fantastic as all I need is to prepare the mold from them.

Mar 4, 2009
2 25 Lake Norman
O'day 25 emblems?

Hey there 25yearslater. I don't supposed you have a mold for an O'Day 25 do ya? Mine is a 1975 and both of mine are long gone. I used to have a small piece fro one of the but it has since disappeared as well.

If so that would be awesome. I tried to find the color chart at michaels but was unable to locate it. My hull is a dark forest green so I think it would be cool to match that color with the red triangle. Would it be possible to get a set made?

Thanks,
Chris

Apr 4, 2011
Oday 222 Centerville, Iowa
Oday Emblems

O.K., will do, thanks
I received the two emblems, and they are beautiful, colors are just what I wanted and I am extremely happy and proud to afix them to my 222. Thanks again, job well done.

Dec 10, 2011
Oday 20 Port Ludlow
May as well jump on board

I just purchased a 1977 Oday for the purpose of daysailing here in Port Ludlow as my other sailboat is too big for that. Anyway I just recieved the emblems in the mail from the guy I bought the boat from and they are in pieces! :redface: How can I get on the list to get some new ones made for my 20? I sure like the looks of what you have made so far!

Mike

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Which ones ya got. The oval, the flag asterisk or something else. Since changing employers I don't have access to an engraver but I have blank molds with the Oday that the length can be added easy enough. Or you can PM me and I can send my address for you to send me the pieces and I'll make a mold to make up a new set for you.

Dec 15, 2011
Oday 20 SF Bay Area/Monterey Bay
Bump. Don't like doing this but it will make it easier for someone to find.
Thanks for the thread bump and the PM. I shot ya one back and when I get a chance I'll mail mine in to give the 20' owners something to look forward to.

Great project:)

Dec 20, 2011
Oday 23 Garfield, AR
I have original Oday 23 and Oday 25 emblems, if you are interested in using them for making molds.
I'd be interested in a pair of Oday 23 emblems if you are still making them?

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Well the Oday community has received a fantastic holiday gift. CPSeudonym and Pipes111 have offered their emblems for mold prototypes. This saves me a great deal of time as the Oday models, 20, 23 and 25 will be molded instead of engraved and will be available by mid January. So on behalf of the Oday community, thanks guys you are what make Oday owners simply the best.

Dec 20, 2011
Oday 23 Garfield, AR
Received the emblems weeks ago from 25yearslater, and just had the chance to install them today. Thank you 25!!!

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Thanks for posting the installed photo. I'm pleased to see someone actually installed them. Do let me know how they hold up. I can always revisit the method I am using if problems arise. Now I gotta pester CP for the 20 originals so I can make those molds. Hey CP, guilt trip, guilt trip.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.