O’day 222 Mast Base Plate

Sep 13, 2020
Oday 222 Navy Yard
Hello everyone,
Just managed to damage the loop at the mast foot hinge. The base plate at the boat is fine. However, the section at the bottom of the mast snapped both hinges loops.
I found the part number apparently is Z-145SF-10/245 but I cannot find that part anywhere does anyone have any idea where to find such part?
Is for a 1986 O’day 222
Also, I think the mast should continue to work as it should since most of the baseplate still intact and the all the lines are fine any thoughts on that ?
I appreciate any feedback I’m fairly new to sailing and this is my first boat. Thanks for reading.

regards,
Monty

Attachments

Last edited:

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Try d & r marine..... Rudy may have it or will have an idea where to get it. Good luck!

GSBNY

May 9, 2019
O’Day 192 New York
That’s a Z Spar base, same one my 1988 192 has. Contact US Spars for a replacement. I think you may need to replace the base and the step on the boat because the step for that particular mast extrusion was changed. I can’t remember exactly though.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Call the guys here at SBO. They have found weird parts for me before.

Sep 13, 2020
Oday 222 Navy Yard
Z? Z Spar maybe but now Us Spars.

Could be Keyon-Isomat but contact Rig Rite

Dwyer mast?

dave: not exactly sure. that’s something I’ll have to check next time I’ll stop at the boat yard. I’ll definitely look for that.
I did contact rig rite and they do have a replacement part. With their option I will need to swap the mast base plate. That’s a solution but if I find the replacement 1-1 I rather take that route.
Thanks for your help

Sep 13, 2020
Oday 222 Navy Yard
Call the guys here at SBO. They have found weird parts for me before.
thanks for the feedback I was able to contact SBO one of the guys there square me away with information. I think I’m in the right path with SBO. I have to validateThe mast foot number next time I stop by the boat to order the part. Again thanks for the feedback.

Monty

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@anyhony

Z Spar years ago built the masts for Hunter. They purchased Kenyon Isomat and moved to Charlotte with only four people to build masts which was a fiasco leaving the country. They re-emerged as U S Spars back in the same plant in Florida. SBO now owned by a friend of mine can get the parts for your mast. Was unaware there is a z Spar mast on your boat. O day went out of business in 1989. As a former dealer I knew the major manufacturers.