Oceanis 34 or 37 Platinum Edition

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Man thats great i am glad to see some one my age get out of the rat race alive...oh and happy belated birthday.......

regards

woody

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
From PO to test sail, how long does it take typically? Weeks, months ?
It depends. If you order a 37 and that is what they are prsently making on the assembly line, then you get it quick(er).

If you order a 37 but they have the molds and tooling on the assembly line for a 34, then they have to finsh that- and any other- production run before they get to 37s.

Oct 13, 2013
Beneteau 37 Oceanis Platinum Edition Seabrook, TX
Wire Transfer was completed this morning. Should have a hull number in a few days. According to my Dealer it is first come first serve. Last report was late May early June. Most likely it will be early June and 2 weeks for commissioning work. I'll get a tentative delivery date with the Hull Number.
Thanks for the Birthday wishes.
I've been out of the rat race for awhile now. Started in 2007 when a drunk driver decided to end his life hitting my pickup truck head on doing about 75mph. That plus my Military disabilities put me out to pasture. No regrets on that. Been busy with the 501(c)(3) that I founded. "Texas County Veterans Inc." Look us up on Facebook. We serve Veterans and their families in all ways. No one in our organization is paid or compensated in any way like so many other organizations.
Well back to watching sailing videos on the Gulf and Caribbean while listening to margaritaville and drinking rum from a jar.

Nov 24, 2012
Wire Transfer was completed this morning. Should have a hull number in a few days. According to my Dealer it is first come first serve. Last report was late May early June. Most likely it will be early June and 2 weeks for commissioning work. I'll get a tentative delivery date with the Hull Number. Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I've been out of the rat race for awhile now. Started in 2007 when a drunk driver decided to end his life hitting my pickup truck head on doing about 75mph. That plus my Military disabilities put me out to pasture. No regrets on that. Been busy with the 501(c)(3) that I founded. "Texas County Veterans Inc." Look us up on Facebook. We serve Veterans and their families in all ways. No one in our organization is paid or compensated in any way like so many other organizations. Well back to watching sailing videos on the Gulf and Caribbean while listening to margaritaville and drinking rum from a jar.
Try to make it to the Marion plant to watch it being built. Very interesting and you'll get a lot of insight into the systems and their installation.

Oct 13, 2013
We've been talking about it. If the house can sell quick enough we probably will. Till then we have to be here for calls to show the house.

Oct 13, 2013
Got my Sail Number. 194. Still waiting on the delivery date.

Oct 13, 2013
The number is the 194th boat built in the US. The Dealer said it's actually the Sail number. Hull number will have more characters. They said the hull number will be assigned further downstream. So I'm assuming the number above will show up on the sail.

Nov 24, 2012
The number is the 194th boat built in the US. The Dealer said it's actually the Sail number. Hull number will have more characters. They said the hull number will be assigned further downstream. So I'm assuming the number above will show up on the sail.
Hmmm ok. The hull number is typically the number of the model being built. So in this case I believe I believe they will be the same. The complete number (equivalent to a VIN on a car) will be much longer beginning with BEY and incorporates the numbering scheme for month and date built along with the hull number (194 in your case).

Oct 13, 2013
Hmmm ok. The hull number is typically the number of the model being built. So in this case I believe I believe they will be the same. The complete number (equivalent to a VIN on a car) will be much longer beginning with BEY and incorporates the numbering scheme for month and date built along with the hull number (194 in your case).
I would tend to agree with you but was corrected by my Dealer. I think his understanding of sail number is what we call hull number. It is a unique number and I would normally call it such. Sail number is also correct because I believe it will show up on the sail.
Anyway they believe it will ship late June. Not crazy about the wait but it gives me a little more breathing room to get this house sold.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I don't believe I have seen a Beneteau with a factory hull number on the sail- not unless the owner did it for racing I/D. Otherwise, I don't know why they'd put it on the sail. Maybe it's a "perk" for all the tens of thousands of dollars you give the dealer, and he does it. If there is a number on the sail, then, yes, it is most likely the hull number.

WHEN I STARTED SAILING I ASKED SOMEONE WHAT THE NUMBER WAS, AND HE SAID IT WAS THE MORTAGE PAYMENT.

Nov 24, 2012
I don't believe I have seen a Beneteau with a factory hull number on the sail- not unless the owner did it for racing I/D. Otherwise, I don't know why they'd put it on the sail. Maybe it's a "perk" for all the tens of thousands of dollars you give the dealer, and he does it. If there is a number on the sail, then, yes, it is most likely the hull number. WHEN I STARTED SAILING I ASKED SOMEONE WHAT THE NUMBER WAS, AND HE SAID IT WAS THE MORTAGE PAYMENT.
Correct. Past practice by Beneteau has been to put the model number on the sail, I.e. 361, 423, etc.

Oct 13, 2013
I've seen the hull number on some other sails from different mfgrs. To me it makes sense. When the sail comes in they say; Hmm, Sail number 194, Goes with that boat over there. LOL. I'll let everyone know when she does finally arrive. Then we can all be in the know.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I'd be surprised if the manufacturer or dealer affixed a sail number based on the hull number. If someone wants to race the boat, they would need to get a unique sail number assigned. Sail numbers for boats that race in handicap fleets are generally assigned by US Sailing, or organizations they delegate. This is to prevent duplicate numbers if boats of different manufacturers race together. Boats in one-design fleets sometimes use the hull number as sail number since there's no one to conflict with, but I don't think the Oceanis 37 is a common one design fleet.

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
My 37's sail only had seahorse logo and model number FWIW. I have #143 that left the factory in September, '12; 51 boats in a year and a half seems like a pretty good run.

Oct 13, 2013
My 37's sail only had seahorse logo and model number FWIW. I have #143 that left the factory in September, '12; 51 boats in a year and a half seems like a pretty good run.
CCHer your correct. I went back to the source. (My Dealer) to get the correct scoop. Let me qualify his answer by saying that besides a broker He is an avid sailor and racer owning his own racing boat and is the only blind Captain to ever win a National Racing Competition.

Quote: The hull number of the boat, called by some the vin number, is the number registered with the coast guard. The number is 14 digits. This number tells the manufacture, the month and year the keel was laid and a manufactures number. Most manufactures use , as a part of the number, The number of the hull in the series. The last number in the id number is the model year. This will change each July or August. So this August the number will change to 15. For small racing boats or other class boats the hull number as the number of the boat in it. So in your case if you were to race your sail number would be 194. That is for class boats. If you had a one off boat you would apply to the racing association and would be given a sail number. Most people do not think of a production boat as a one design, but it is. So the production number of the boat would be used. Each class boat has a class insignia on the top of the sail, with the sail number under it. Beneteau has the sea horse with a B ? under it. Sometimes the sail number is on the sail, but not always.

Looking at the insignia on the sail you know the class and the hull number. Thus you can see about when the boat might have been built.

My race boat is 1256, They built 1856 of them so you can see where in the production it may have fallen. When they started the new company and thus the production again they started with the number 2000. So you know any 2000 number was produced by the new company.

So that's it in a nutshell boys and girls. You are now in the know. How you enjoying your 37 CCHer?

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
'How you enjoying your 37 CCHer?'

Thanks for asking Pilgrim. Very much...when its not 20 and snowing like today on the Bay. Great sailing qualities, fast and easy handling sail plan. Interior not fancy but very functional.

Oct 13, 2013
'How you enjoying your 37 CCHer?'

Thanks for asking Pilgrim. Very much...when its not 20 and snowing like today on the Bay. Great sailing qualities, fast and easy handling sail plan. Interior not fancy but very functional.
Glad to hear it Harry. Function always trumps fru-fru. I like the fast part.

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
With all that cruising stuff you're loading up on speed may be relative:). I saw in another B37 thread that you or someone was asking about alternator size. It's 80 contrary to the original spec sheet. Also all LED instead of halogen.