Noise between Mast and Boom

Jun 5, 2018
Beneteau 35S5 Buffalo, NY
I'm experining a loud sqeaking noise that seems to coming from the area where the mast and boom connect. I have put SailKote dry lubricant on it which stops most of the sound. Is anyone aware of anything else I can do to stop the noise
Thanks,
KFG

e

JBP-PA

Apr 29, 2022
Jeanneau Tonic 23 Erie, PA
Some goosenecks have (or are supposed to have) plastic bushings which tend to wear out resulting in metal on metal contact.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
Raise and lower the boom by hand near the mast and listen for squeaking sound. If squeaking, then install plastic washers on the bottom of the gooseneck bilt lifting the boom slightly. Then try to move the boom up and down and listen for the squick.

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
If you have a boom vang, snug it up slightly to prevent the boom from moving up and down too much.

Jun 5, 2018
Beneteau 35S5 Buffalo, NY
Raise and lower the boom by hand near the mast and listen for squeaking sound. If squeaking, then install plastic washers on the bottom of the gooseneck bilt lifting the boom slightly. Then try to move the boom up and down and listen for the squick.
I was thinking there must be something that would prevent the metals from rubbing togother.
I let you know if it works.

Thanks