Nice shot!

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
Well-known yachting photographer JH Peterson snapped this great shot of us getting some upwind readings before our last race. Nice lighting!

Beautiful! Put that one in a nice frame and hang it above your desk. And what a good looking boat. Sweet lines.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Beautiful! Put that one in a nice frame and hang it above your desk. And what a good looking boat. Sweet lines.
Thanks. It really is a spectacular shot. He's got great skills. While the boat looks better downwind in 20 vs upwind in a lazy 8, I'll take it. I was joking with John (he lives in Minneapolsi) that if I knew we was going to take that shot, we would have taken the spinnaker bag off the deck! As it was, pre-race and working our way upwind looking at wind angles and prepping for a downwind practice leg. Normally the bag is not on deck at that time.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
Did someone say RACING?! Oh wait... sailboat racing.... sorry. Knee jerk reaction.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Jackdaw: Hello photographer, can I buy you a drink? Kermit: I'm not a photographer, I'm a frog ....
Scott,
For some reason I'm just now seeing this. Dang that's funny! Sometimes I really do feel that way.

Mar 30, 2013
Allied Seawind MK II 32' Oologah Lake, Oklahoma
Everybody likes pics of their boat.
I manage to get a good shot once in a while of my fellow sailors on our lake but seems like none of them are much in the way of photographers so I still don't have anything but cell phone pics of my boat under sail.

Some friends of mine back in February.

Nov 8, 2010
Everybody likes pics of their boat.
I manage to get a good shot once in a while of my fellow sailors on our lake but seems like none of them are much in the way of photographers so I still don't have anything but cell phone pics of my boat under sail.

Some friends of mine back in February.

Larry,

I know how you feel. Maybe this will help. Next time give them a picture you took, tell them that if they take one of you, your next one of them will not feature them sailing with their fenders out! ;^)

Mar 30, 2013
Allied Seawind MK II 32' Oologah Lake, Oklahoma
Larry,

I know how you feel. Maybe this will help. Next time give them a picture you took, tell them that if they take one of you, your next one of them will not feature them sailing with their fenders out! ;^)
I charge them a small fee to clone out the fenders before posting the pics to our facebook group. :)

At least the racers generally take in the fenders on race days.

Aug 20, 2013
Beneteau 311 Port Clinton, OH (Lake Erie)
Jackdaw,

That is a great picture. It looks like the jib lead and track are on the cabin top rather than along the deck next to the cabin. Is that right?

Nov 8, 2010
Jackdaw,

That is a great picture. It looks like the jib lead and track are on the cabin top rather than along the deck next to the cabin. Is that right?
Yes. Sheeting angle from 9-10 based on car (remotely adjustable) position. I just saw your post re your boat. Will respond with more thoughts there.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Our dock owner was nice enough to go out with us the first time we took her offshore. He took these.

I want some newer pictures since we now have Bimini canvas.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
We have always wanted a good picture of our boat under sail (taken from another boat nearby) but haven't had the opportunity to find another boat nearby we would have the guts to ask. Even if they snap it with an iPhone and text it to us.

It would be an odd request over the radio. "Hey, can take a picture of us and text it to us?" Maybe next time if someone is leaving the marina at the same time we can ask.

I'm not much of a photographer, but personally I'd be tickled to get that call. A photograph is a gift you can give a total stranger which costs you absolutely nothing, but they may treasure it forever. Easy karma points!

GREAT shot, Jackdaw. How your boat is not silhouetted with all that back lighting I'll never know. I guess that's why he's a "well known yachting photographer" and I'm ... not. :D

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
@ Jackdaw, I like the depth of view that he used.

There is a guy here that took this picture during our club sail past.

Bosman

Oct 24, 2010
Solina 27 Wabamun, Alberta
Very nice photos.
I just got this one e-mail to me and thought I would share it as well.

Attachments

Nov 8, 2010
In the inbox today; more magic from Race Week thx to JH. Big K with the reacher.