Nice shot!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Well-known yachting photographer JH Peterson snapped this great shot of us getting some upwind readings before our last race. Nice lighting!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Starting to wonder if you hire these photogs! LOL Is a great pic of Blue J for sure. Damn near brochure level!

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I photographed a couple of sailboats last weekend from ours. It's not as easy as it seems!

Attachments

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I photographed a couple of sailboats last weekend from ours. It's not as easy as it seems!
being a professional photographer Kermit i am wondering why you shot that with the sun in your lens seems like a wast of film to me uh oh i forgot they got digital cameras now how could i for get silly me :D

by the way nice pic Jack

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
being a professional photographer Kermit i am wondering why you shot that with the sun in your lens seems like a wast of film to me uh oh i forgot they got digital cameras now how could i for get silly me :D by the way nice pic Jack
OMG! What WAS I thinkin'?

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Great picture! Belongs on a poster on your living room wall.
:)

Loren

Nov 8, 2010
Starting to wonder if you hire these photogs! LOL Is a great pic of Blue J for sure. Damn near brochure level!
LOL yea we're been lucky lately. Maybe it's the blue hulls. Distinctive. Seems this same guy was up at Bayfield Race Week on assignment for Sailing Magazine. He took about 50 pictures of us. Maybe this will make it!

Last edited:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
I'm no photographer but snapped a couple nice ones on my last overnight
According to Woodster I'm not, either. But yours are great! And I'm very happy for Jackdaw. Lucky for him I wasn't there.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Not a photographer ...

Jackdaw: Hello photographer, can I buy you a drink?

Kermit: I'm not a photographer, I'm a frog ....

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Hey Kermit ... when you buy insurance, do you get frog protection or fraud protection?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
If I really were a frog I would need pig protection.

Nov 8, 2010
According to Woodster I'm not, either. But yours are great! And I'm very happy for Jackdaw. Lucky for him I wasn't there.
Don't worry Kermie.... I'll be looking out for you!

Nov 19, 2011
MacGregor 26S Hampton, VA
We have always wanted a good picture of our boat under sail (taken from another boat nearby) but haven't had the opportunity to find another boat nearby we would have the guts to ask. Even if they snap it with an iPhone and text it to us.

It would be an odd request over the radio. "Hey, can take a picture of us and text it to us?" Maybe next time if someone is leaving the marina at the same time we can ask.

Nov 8, 2010
We have always wanted a good picture of our boat under sail (taken from another boat nearby) but haven't had the opportunity to find another boat nearby we would have the guts to ask. Even if they snap it with an iPhone and text it to us.

It would be an odd request over the radio. "Hey, can take a picture of us and text it to us?" Maybe next time if someone is leaving the marina at the same time we can ask.
That's a great idea. I tend to take a lot of pictures, and it seems to come back to you if you share. Let people in your marina know your interest, and let them know you'll take pictures of them as well.

We've had powerboaters take pictures of us (always it seems with a spinnaker up!) and come back and offer to email them to us.

Another thing you can do is set up a local sailing facebook group for picture sharing. Let people know; post notices on marina bulletin boards and facebook pages. Our PHRF fleet does this to good effect.

Good luck. We have literally hundreds of great pictures of our boats; it would kinda suck to not have at least one!

Nov 8, 2010
Speaking of 'nice shots', I ran across this oldie but goodie from JH. Famous poster in the day. Who can forget??

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
A couple of mine that turned out OK

My wife took these