Newbie went to contract for 2006 Catalina 22 Capri (hull # 1139)

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
My wife gets the kitchen redo.....

Survey on Friday and closing in early January.

Tall rig, fin keel with performance package, with Trail Rite trailer and 4HP Mercury outboard.

Excited!

T_Cat

Aug 8, 2014
Catalina 22 1987 New Design. 14133 "LadyHawke" Modesto CA
Looks nice. I did my ASA 101 training on a Capri..fun to sail
Congratz

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
Very nice new toy... newer model year is better, less $$$ on restoration like some of us dummies, lol!
The Capri lacks the headroom without a pop-top, but less weight and less chance for leaks. If I had to give up my pop-top to have a newer, nicer hull... I suppose ducking while going into the cabin isn't such a bad deal!
I grow more and more interested in feel keels, less moving parts = less problems! Plus, your boat is FASTER!

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
Very nice new toy... newer model year is better, less $$$ on restoration like some of us dummies, lol!
The Capri lacks the headroom without a pop-top, but less weight and less chance for leaks. If I had to give up my pop-top to have a newer, nicer hull... I suppose ducking while going into the cabin isn't such a bad deal!
I grow more and more interested in feel keels, less moving parts = less problems! Plus, your boat is FASTER!
Exactly my thinking. I am getting tired of constantly fixing stuff. Want to enjoy myself. No issue with maintenance and an occasional upgrade/repair. Hope to combine my woodworking with sailing....

Headspace in the cabin is a tad tight for me (I'm 6'4") but I am only looking to day sail for the time being, maybe with an occasional spontaneous overnight.

Planning to buy a Catalina 275 Sport or 315 at some point in the future (at least 10 years out)....

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
Good boat. Well made/built like bigger cats, great speed in light wind, reasonable interior for small racer, giant cockpit.