New Hunter 19-2 update

May 26, 2021
Hunter H19-2 Cary, NC
Hi Henry,
Thanks for the reply. I found the page in the manual that talks about the setup. Your sport on withthe line specs also.
Appreciate your help

Regards,
Rich

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
I'll second what Henry suggested. On my H23 I did it that way, using a small swivel block at the lower end of the line attached to the mast, except my boat came with thin stainless wire from the mast. You won't want to run the topping lift from the mast head into the sheave at the boom, to the fore end of the boom and then out, as you then must pull the line from the boom to stow it, and then rethread it to re rig.

Jan 3, 2022
Hunter 19-2 Sevilla (Nautic Club)
Hola,

También soy propietario de un Hunter 19-2 y vivo en Sevilla (España). Estoy en proceso de restauración y buscando repuestos. El enlace del enrollador de génova me pareció muy interesante.

Yo también estoy dando vueltas porque he visto fotos con un bimini que pasa por debajo de la botavara y no sé si alguno de ustedes lo tiene y me pueden orientar.

Te enviaré fotos

. Lo mejor.

Jan 3, 2022
Hello, I also own a Hunter 19-2 and live in Seville (Spain). I am in the process of restoration and looking for spare parts. I found the genoa furler link very interesting. I am also studying how to place a bimini, because I have seen photos that goes under the boom.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The Bimini was designed to fit under the boom when sailing. There are instructions how to mount it if purchasing thru this forum store. I was present when the design of the Bimini when it was measured
Is the furler from CDI known also as Cruising Design

Jan 3, 2022
The Bimini was designed to fit under the boom when sailing. There are instructions how to mount it if purchasing thru this forum store. I was present when the design of the Bimini when it was measured
Is the furler from CDI known also as Cruising Design
Thanks, crazy Davon.
Do you Knie id the bimini can send it tonSevilla Spain?
P

Jan 3, 2022
Hola,
También necesito saber qué clase de extensión de timón comprar para mi hunter 19 * 2. El timón es un tubo de aluminio.
Thanks

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
También necesito saber qué clase de extensión de timón comprar para mi hunter 19 * 2. El timón es un tubo de aluminio.
I also need to know what kind of rudder extension to buy for my 19 * 2 hunter. The rudder is an aluminum tube.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Are you really talking about a tiller extension?

¿De verdad estás hablando de una extensión de caña de timón?

Jan 3, 2022
Yes.
I see some photos un the fórum and I want know if there are any problems whtih tube of tiller

Feb 27, 2004
SunTracker 18 DLX PartyBarge Hoover Reservoir - Columbus OH
Marshall, my 19-2 had a Forespar Twist Lock extension mounted to the top of the aluminum tube tiller. The tiller was drilled for the extension mounting screws. This never created any problem for me.

It worked fine but I would occasionally extend it completely and wipe down the inside tube with a dry cloth. That seemed to keep it from slipping under pressure.

May 26, 2021
Hunter H19-2 Cary, NC
Hey Henry,

Prepping my boat and getting her ready to get on the water next week weather providing. Do you happen to have a pic of your setup ?

Thanks,
RIch

Feb 27, 2004
SunTracker 18 DLX PartyBarge Hoover Reservoir - Columbus OH
Hi Rich,
Unfortunately I do not have any pics of the rigging on the 19 which I owned. Sorry but I can't help you much with current experience as our boat was struck by lightning and salvaged about 6 years ago. We have since taken up boating with an 18' pontoon. Or as I prefer to think of it, an aluminum - gas powered catamaran. :)

May 26, 2021
Hunter H19-2 Cary, NC
Sorry to hear that happened to your boat. A pontoon is a lot of fun. Your description had enough detail thanks.
I have it all set to go.

Regards,
Rich